MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Computer Related Discussions arrow Buying Advice arrow Topic: Confirm my new PC build.
September 24, 2017, 11:15:20 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2017, 11:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites: de.harddriveparts.com |
News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Confirm my new PC build.  (Read 2705 times)
SoulEpsilon

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2010, 03:21:31 AM »

Hi experts, and people. I have a new build lined up and am ready to purchase, but before I go ahead and do so I want to find out if its a good line up and see if it confirms to be a good gaming rig. Please let me know what you think, and all of your advice towards it. I know the motherboard is very exspensive but money is not a major issue, here is the specs of the build and I look forward to your advice & answers thank you.

Operating system = Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Case = Cooler Master HAF 932 ATX Full Tower
CPU = Intel Core i7-860 2.8GHz LGA 1156 socket
Heatsink = Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO Cpu Cooler
Thermal compound = Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound
Motherboard = ASUS Maximus III Extreme LGA 1156 intel P55
Memory (Ram) = G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
2xGraphics Cards = XFX - Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Exp 2.1 x16 xfire rdy support
2x Hard Drives = Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache Sata 6.0gb/s
1x SSD = Kingston SSDNow V+ Series 64GB 2.5"
Fan Controller = Scythe KQ01-BK-3.5 "KAZE Q"
Dvd Burner = Sony Optiarc black 24x DVD+R etc
Power Supply = XFX Black Edition XPS-850W-BES 850W ATX12v / EPS12v SLI rdy xfire Rdy
Monitor = ASUS MS227N 22" 2msm ring stand LCD

I plan on raid0 the drives, and install my operating system on my SSD and a few other programs and some games I play frequently, and then use the other 1TB drives for mass storage. I want to go with 2 sticks 4gb each because if in the future I want to upgrade ram I will have room, and also if anything in my case is to big it will save room also. Done a bit of research on 5850's and they perform very well the research I did wasn't two 5850 1gb's xfire'd so should be good results power supply heard alot of good things about it and its enough for me so it works I believe. The monitor size doesn't matter alot to me so 22" is just right 2ms will help with games. Heatsink and the case are a little pricey but I will be overclocking everything so it should be very helpful. I plan on oc'ing the cpu to at least 4.0, ram to its maximum 1600, if you think I can go higher on the cpu oc'ing let me know please.
Thats all, I just need to know if its a green light on everything and that there isn't anything I should be aware of thanks!
isarodriguez

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 04:27:00 AM »

Instead of using 2 Radeon HD 5850 you can choose ATI Radeon HD 5970 2Gb DDR5.
pollard1988

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 11:00:10 AM »

Ohho its gonna be a powerful destop. Congrats mate, really great choice.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: