MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Modem quit working
April 21, 2019, 12:49:19 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2019, 12:49:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Modem quit working  (Read 769 times)
dm7793

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2003, 06:09:31 AM »

Hi everyone
 I have a Tyani810 mobo, a 533mhz celoron, that I'm running win98 on, a Aopen FM56 PM modem, thats PNP,PCI, with no jumpers for the ports,or irq's
 Now I'm using an old PB 120mhz that I have for a backup. And I'm using that AopenFM56 PM modem in this rig. It works great in this rig.
 Here's my problem. I had this modem in the other rig, and it worked great till about a week ago. That was when it mysteriously quit working. The other rig just could'nt get it to respond to it.
 Here's what I did to correct the problem.
 1. I tried to uninstall it, I went into system,device manager,deleted it, and uninstalled the drivers,and restarted the rig. It did'nt detect it like it would normally, and then I manually reinstalled it. But the rig still could'nt get it to respond to it. I tried this a coulple of more times,with no luck getting it to work.
 2. I then installed a registry that it worked under. still no luck.
 3. I changed the slot it was in.
 4. I scanned for viruses, and found none.
 5. I deleted windows reinstalled it, the mobo drivers, and still no luck.
 6. I repeated the steps above again, and still no luck.
 I checked for any conflicts and finding none still no luck. Some of the attempts got a message that it could'nt open the port.But most of time it told me that the modem was'nt responding. And after installing the moden it shows up in the control panal, and in system, devices.
 Now keep in mind that I'm using this modem now in this old rig. The other rig works fine other wise. Boots up and loads windows and works great other wise.
 I'm sure you can understand why I would need the other rig to work, knowing what I'm using now. And since this rig has only a 1gig hdd and win98 takes all of that to run, I have to use the hdd out of the other rig for any prog's, and a swap drive for this one to work. And I only have 1 mouse between them. So I got to switch everything out everytime I try to get the other one working.
 So I'm searching for all the advice I can get, differant ideas I can try when I put it all together again. It's never good to be taking them apart any more then you have to. So all ideas are welcome, and needed.
   Thank you all for your help.
 Huh?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 12:02:58 PM »

Hi,

Make sure the BIOS is set to PNP OS if the option exists.

Also try using the latest drivers from http://download.aopen.com.tw/downloads/Download.asp?RecNo=2364&Section=8&Product=Fax/Modems&Model=FM56-PM&Type=Driver&DownSize=2580

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: