MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Sound Problems
May 21, 2019, 02:13:26 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2019, 02:13:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sound Problems  (Read 826 times)
david paul

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2003, 05:27:34 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:XP Home
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Hi

This is the problem

I have a Terratec DMX 6fire card, a dvd rom drive, an Aopen 48x12x50 drive, K7 Triton 400 Series 7VAXP Ultra AGP8X/FSB33 motherboard and XP1800 AMD Athlon,  80GB and 120Gb hard drives.  The operating system is XPHome.  It relates to when I pay a CD or DVD in either drives I get a kind of clicking in the background, like static on a record and the sound especially on DVDs has a gurgle to it as if the machine cannot cope with the amount of info it is receiving.  I have changed the cd drives 4 times.  If I open/import a cd track say in wavelab the resulting wave is fine.  I have fiddled with the buffer sizes but this just introduces a high pitched squeak!  I think that the sound card has been changed also but to no avail.  Any ideas?  I havce viewed some similar

Huh?Huh?
 http://www.mytechsupport.ca/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=42&topic=1282

problems on this site and their resolution but the details relate to XP and are not crude enough for my limited computer knowledge.

Cheers

David

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 06:10:01 PM »

Hey buddy, you have come to the right place as I have just solved your problem on my own system!

Your problem is that you have not initiated DMA (Direct Memory Access) for your CD and DVD drives.

The easy solution here is to download 'Power DVD for XP' and use their DMA setup utility. It takes about 20 seconds.

I had had enough of my system choking on all my DVDs. I now have a home cinema running of it no probs.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 12:31:21 PM »

Hi,

Try running is Diagnostics Startup Mode or disable your antivirus software to see if the sound problem goes away.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: