MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Computer Related Discussions arrow Tips & Tricks arrow Topic: MS Word (all versions) jams printer on manual feed only! -- FIX 100%
April 25, 2019, 03:06:36 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2019, 03:06:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MS Word (all versions) jams printer on manual feed only! -- FIX 100%  (Read 1979 times)
Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2012, 05:53:14 AM »

MS Word jams printer onto manual paper feed only! -- FIX

Some one recently sent me a Word doc that had different settings to mine and stuffed up the printer settings!
What happened is that evey time I went to print it said MANUAL PAPER FEED only!
I spent 3 days manually shoving paper into the printer thinking about how many ways I could fix it!

GOT IT!

Edit the registry here:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\#.0\Word\***PRINTERS NAME***

Code:
I didn't change the printer driver, I can see how this could happen if all I did was change the driver.
Other software may have similar registry entries identifying a default tray that become invalid due to a change in Windows.

What I did was to open upon both regedit and word and under the ***PRINTERS NAME*** folder I modified the DefaultBin reg entry to "1" which equals "Tray1"...

-----------------------------------

Registry values for printer DefaultBin.
1 = Tray1
4 = Manual Feed
7 = AutoSelect

-----------------------------------

Second regedit was to add AlternatePaperSourceUse = 0 in this location to stop the corruption from before...

... and then I set the 'Page Setup' and 'Printer Options' in Word to "Tray1".

Worx 100%
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:00:01 AM by Doctor Smith » Logged

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 01:31:21 AM »

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: