MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: Outlook Express "Folder could not..."
April 21, 2019, 01:15:30 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2019, 01:15:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Outlook Express "Folder could not..."  (Read 1642 times)
amren

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2003, 06:16:36 AM »

Operating System Version:MS 98 SE
Problem Application Name & Version: MS Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1123
Problem Hardware Make & Model: Portable Mitac 8170, 512 MB, 30 GB
Error Messages: "Folder could not be displayed"

The problem is connected to the folder into mails automatically are moved after sending. Other folders are "OK". I have recreated this folder, I have reinstalled Outlook Express, but still smamre problem.

I can "normaly" send one mail, than this error occure and the only weay out is to reboot, than back again.

What more to do?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 12:45:41 PM »

Hi,

Close Outlook and search your hard drive for 'Sent Items.dbx' and delete it (or rename it if that makes you more comfortable). Then open Outlook and the file will be recreated.

Please Note: All items in "Sent Items" will be gone but the new DBX file will not have any corruption.

QUICK FIX: If problem persists, deselect "Save copy of sent messages in the 'Sent Items' Folder" from Tools > Options... > Send tab.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
amren

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2003, 01:05:56 PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Hi,

Close Outlook and search your hard drive for 'Sent Items.dbx' and delete it (or rename it if that makes you more comfortable). Then open Outlook and the file will be recreated.

Please Note: All items in "Sent Items" will be gone but the new DBX file will not have any corruption.

QUICK FIX: If problem persists, deselect "Save copy of sent messages in the 'Sent Items' Folder" from Tools > Options... > Send tab.

Thank you for giving of your time, but my english is a bit limited.
The problem is that I have several folders, and they are all in the system. I can find them as dbx files most of them with the file name and (1) after the name, Some of them with 300MB contents and I do no like to delite them!

So they are obvious in the system, but not visably when I open up my Outlook Express........

amren

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2003, 01:08:50 PM »

Thank you for giving of your time, but my english is a bit limited.
The problem is that I have several folders, and they are all in the system. I can find them as dbx files most of them with the file name. BUT some of them, also having digit (1) after the name and  with 300MB or more contents and I do no like to delite them!

So they are obvious in the system, but not visably when I open up my Outlook Express........so therfore I can not open them up...

So what to do???

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2003, 01:10:15 PM »

Hi,

Since you have two threads dealing with the same issue, I will close this one and the discussion will continue here.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: