MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Security & Viruses arrow Topic: tuvaro has taken over my computer
October 17, 2019, 06:20:54 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2019, 06:20:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: tuvaro has taken over my computer  (Read 6344 times)
0aah

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2014, 08:06:48 PM »

I clearly mistakenly downloaded something I shouldn't have & now the "tuvaro" http://www-search.net/search/search.html?s=E8Fztugdu0338%2c7788d6fd-344d-4c08-9f26-74c2414a19dd%2c&fnt=1 has completely hijacked all of my web browsers (firefox & internet explorer). I have run a number of adware removal programs & it is no longer listed in my control panel programs, but I can't seem to get it off of my browsers.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

0aah

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 08:29:53 PM »

I realized after posting that I forgot to mention that my OS is Windows 8.
Also, I have attached a HJT log if that will help.
Thanks again.

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 10:08:36 PM »

Hi and welcome.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.
  • Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Please attach the JRT log.
====================================

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
=================================================

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from Malwarebytes.org
Alternate link: Download Mirror

(Note: if you already have the program installed, just follow the directions. No need to re-download or re-install!)

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

(Note: if you already have the program installed, open Malwarebytes from the Start Menu or Desktop shortcut, click the Update tab, and click Check for Updates, before doing the scan as instructed below!)
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. If you are prompted to restart, please allow it to restart your computer. Failure to do this, will cause the infection to still be active on the computer.
Please save the log to a location you will remember.
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
The log can also be found at C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Copy and paste the entire report in your next reply.
If Malwarebytes fails to download please use the following link:

http://malwarebytes.org/mbam-download-exe-random.php

An Australian Member of

EDDY
0aah

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 01:25:03 AM »

Hi there,
So I am afraid I was unable to download the Junkware Removal Tool, as my laptop said the link lead to "Non 7z archive" and for the third program (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware), my laptop gave me the error message "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program."
I was, however, able to actually download & run Adwcleaner, so I have attached the log for that. There were two logs, one with [R0] and the other with [SO] and I wasn't sure which one was the correct one, so I included both of them.
If you have any recommendations on how I can access the Junkware Removal Tool and the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware tool, or alternatively have other tools I can try, I will certainly give it another try, but as mentioned above, have thusfar had no success.
Thanks again.

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 01:53:35 AM »

Make sure you remove to old Malwarebytes and then get a new copy from here. https://www.malwarebytes.org/downloads/ . By the look of things It looks as if that has removed the problem line from your browser. ?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 01:57:21 AM by Pancake » Logged

An Australian Member of

EDDY
0aah

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 03:23:30 AM »

After deleting the old malwarebytes file, I was able to successfully download the program using the alternate link you provided.

I was asked to reboot & then went in to find the log, here is the information:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 2014-08-15
Scan Time: 10:26:27 PM
Logfile: malwarebytes log.txt
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.00.2.1012
Malware Database: v2014.08.16.01
Rootkit Database: v2014.08.15.01
License: Free
Malware Protection: Disabled
Malicious Website Protection: Disabled
Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: Ang

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 334014
Time Elapsed: 14 min, 32 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 3
PUP.Optional.MultiPlug, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\{CE681A67-9477-CBE6-EB9D-FE534875F98D}, Quarantined, [3a078047631851e59b1f8ae050b20000],
PUP.Optional.iWebar.A, HKU\S-1-5-18-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\APPDATALOW\SOFTWARE\iWebar, Quarantined, [39089334483374c2be5216f2f70c8779],
PUP.Optional.MediaPlayer.A, HKU\S-1-5-18-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\APPDATALOW\SOFTWARE\videos MediaPlay-Air, Quarantined, [9ca54285b3c8d75f1ae2c97929db22de],

Registry Values: 1
PUP.Optional.FirstSeenToday.A, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN|fst_ca_219, Quarantined, [50f16b5cea91280e99cf08f1e022669a],

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 2
PUP.Optional.CrossRider.A, C:\Users\Ang\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\iklgpchfbohgmghgfagediakopecfmbm, Quarantined, [3011ad1ab8c3162060b7dbfcfe0455ab],
PUP.Optional.CrossRider.A, C:\Users\Ang\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\iklgpchfbohgmghgfagediakopecfmbm\1.26.77_0, Quarantined, [3011ad1ab8c3162060b7dbfcfe0455ab],

Files: 2
PUP.Optional.MultiPlug.A, C:\Windows\Tasks\couponsupport-S-649636217.job, Quarantined, [e0613790c7b4171ff3e359d650b419e7],
PUP.Optional.MultiPlug.A, C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\couponsupport-S-649636217, Quarantined, [330e56713546290d6f38380d13f157a9],

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

Thankfully (!!!) that seems to have cleared up the problem...unless of course you can see any remaining issues from the log I have attached??

Thanks again!

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 04:26:28 AM »

That's great. All looks fine. Your good to go.  Grin
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 04:28:18 AM by Pancake » Logged

An Australian Member of

EDDY
0aah

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 12:08:32 PM »

Unfortunately it turns out I'm not good to go  Sad

I turned off my computer last night after thinking the problem was resolved & when I turned it on again this morning it is now back!!!

I've reattached a HJT log to see if there is anything else that might be wrong. I'm worried the next step is going to be to have to reformat the computer altogether Sad

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.5
Scan saved at 8:06:16 AM, on 2014-08-16
Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.02.1008)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v11.0 (11.00.9600.17126)

FIREFOX: 31.0 (x86 en-US)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ralink Corporation\Ralink Bluetooth Stack\BtTray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\YouCam\YouCamService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP System Event\HPMSGSVC.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP CoolSense\CoolSense.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go8\CLMLSvc_P2G8.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_14_0_0_145.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_14_0_0_145.exe
C:\Users\Ang\Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = Preserve
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ca/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:18865
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe,
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: HP Network Check Helper - {E76FD755-C1BA-4DCB-9F13-99BD91223ADE} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPNetworkCheck\HPNetworkCheckPlugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BtTray] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ralink Corporation\Ralink Bluetooth Stack\BtTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YouCam Service] "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\YouCam\YouCamService.exe" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APSDaemon] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPMessageService] C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP System Event\HPMSGSVC.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AccelerometerSysTrayApplet] C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP 3D DriveGuard\AccelerometerST.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPNetworkCheck\HPNetworkCheckPlugin.dll,-103 - {25510184-5A38-4A99-B273-DCA8EEF6CD08} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPNetworkCheck\NCLauncherFromIE.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPNetworkCheck\HPNetworkCheckPlugin.dll,-102 - {25510184-5A38-4A99-B273-DCA8EEF6CD08} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPNetworkCheck\NCLauncherFromIE.exe
O11 - Options group: [ACCELERATED_GRAPHICS] Accelerated graphics
O16 - DPF: {8D9563A9-8D5F-459B-87F2-BA842255CB9A} (Forefront UAG client components) - https://myhdsb.ca/InternalSite/WhlCompMgr.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\Windows\SysWow64\skype4com.dll
O18 - Protocol: wlpg - {E43EF6CD-A37A-4A9B-9E6F-83F89B8E6324} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\AlbumDownloadProtocolHandler.dll
O23 - Service: SAS Core Service (!SASCORE) - SUPERAntiSpyware.com - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE64.EXE
O23 - Service: Adobe Flash Player Update Service (AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
O23 - Service: Andrea RT Filters Service (AERTFilters) - Andrea Electronics Corporation - C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\AERTSr64.EXE
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: ApplicationBackupPrivacy.exe - Unknown owner - C:\Users\Ang\AppData\Local\ApplicationBackupPrivacy\ApplicationBackupPrivacy.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: BlueSoleilCS - IVT Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ralink Corporation\Ralink Bluetooth Stack\BlueSoleilCS.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: BsHelpCS - IVT Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ralink Corporation\Ralink Bluetooth Stack\BsHelpCS.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Content Protection HECI Service (cphs) - Intel Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\IntelCpHeciSvc.exe
O23 - Service: CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Media Server Monitor Service - CyberLink - C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\Kernel\DMS\CLMSMonitorServicePDVD12.exe
O23 - Service: CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Media Server Service - CyberLink - C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\Kernel\DMS\CLMSServerPDVD12.exe
O23 - Service: DirectXRepositoryWiget - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\DirectXRepositoryWiget\DirectXRepositoryWiget.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: GamesAppService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\WildTangent Games\App\GamesAppService.exe
O23 - Service: HP Support Assistant Service - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\hpsa_service.exe
O23 - Service: HP Software Framework Service (hpqwmiex) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
O23 - Service: @oem33.inf,%hpservice_desc%;HP Service (hpsrv) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Hpservice.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: HPWMISVC - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP System Event\HPWMISVC.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology (IAStorDataMgrSvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ieetwcollectorres.dll,-1000 (IEEtwCollectorService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\IEEtwCollector.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Capability Licensing Service Interface - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\HeciServer.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Capability Licensing Service TCP IP Interface - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\SocketHeciServer.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) ME Service - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\FWService\IntelMeFWService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface Service (jhi_service) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL\jhi_service.exe
O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management Service (LMS) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\LMS\LMS.exe
O23 - Service: Mozilla Maintenance Service (MozillaMaintenance) - Mozilla Foundation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Maintenance Service\maintenanceservice.exe
O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Realtek Audio Service (RtkAudioService) - Realtek Semiconductor - C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkAudioService64.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpAsDesc.dll,-320 (WdNisSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Defender\NisSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpAsDesc.dll,-310 (WinDefend) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 10587 bytes

Thanks.

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 01:31:25 AM »

You wont need to format. It shows that the scan deleted it from Firefox. Check Add/Remove and see whats there. Follow these steps and see if its still present. https://tuvaro.com/about/help
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:42:28 AM by Pancake » Logged

An Australian Member of

EDDY
0aah

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 12:36:24 PM »

It is no longer in my programs & when I go to my options in both firefox & IE, it lists my homepage as google (which is what I want it to be). Having said that, it is still the first window that opens up when I open any of my browsers. Sad

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 10:14:15 PM »

Have you checked Manage-add-ons under IE Tools ?

Rather than trying to explain it all,check the properties on your IE short cut on your desk top .See link below.

http://www.techsupportall.com/solved-how-to-remove-tuvaro-search-from-chrome-firefox-ie/
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:26:05 PM by Pancake » Logged

An Australian Member of

EDDY
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: