MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Computer Related Discussions arrow Tips & Tricks arrow Topic: Eudora 7.1.0.9 rejecting Server SSL Certificates | 100% WORX
September 24, 2017, 10:14:57 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2017, 10:14:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites: de.harddriveparts.com |
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eudora 7.1.0.9 rejecting Server SSL Certificates | 100% WORX  (Read 467 times)
Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2016, 02:08:54 AM »

Eudora 7.1.0.9 rejecting Server SSL Certificates

i ran into this issue today and i believe i've found the fix (another testament to how brilliantly eudora was coded back in the day)

these are the steps that have worked for me - your mileage may vary a tad.

1. optionally, move the usercerts.p7b in your Eudora directory to somewhere else

2. as many have said,
go to the cert through personalities,
drill down to the skull icon,
or the smiley face icon and hit accept.

but here's the twist - the actual cert for the mail server wasn't shown until i installed the top level certs. (installing just the root certs doesn't help...it's the cert from your mail server that you need)

1.  - export the skull icon cert in windows (this cert must be the one issued to your mail provider for that server / set of servers)

2.  - launch mmc.exe and add the certificates snap-in by pressing ctrl M and choosing certificates (then choose for local computer)

3.  - right click 'trusted root certificates' in the left pane, and choose import.

4.  - specify the location of this new cert you previously exported

5.  - you should get a popup from windows asking if the cert is indeed to be added to the store - choose yes.

...now, if you load up Eudora, it should all just work like new.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 02:37:14 AM by Doctor Smith » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: