MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Looking for Drivers! arrow Topic: Parallel device driver(s)
June 26, 2019, 04:45:16 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2019, 04:45:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Parallel device driver(s)  (Read 5497 times)
Skipper

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2003, 12:22:42 AM »

I am operating under Windows 2000 Pro and a window pops up every time it's booting saying that Windows need to search for drivers because

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2003, 01:44:15 AM »

Hi,

About the sound problem, try temporally disabling your antivirus software to see if problem goes away. It may be scanning the executable (the file that runs the app) and unsing up too many resources doing so. Let me know what you find out and we will go from there.

About the parallel device, do you have any devices attached to your parallel port? e.g. printer, external drive....

Check the "Device Manager" for any devices under a "Other Devices" type (if exists)
Right click "My Computer" select "Manage" to find "Device Manager"

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Skipper

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2003, 02:02:51 AM »

Antivirus software is disabled.Still have same sound problem. Tried to change sound card = same problem.I'm using a Sound Blaster PCI 1128.

About the parallel device, under

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2003, 08:24:59 PM »

Hi,

When the prompt to supply drivers appears during bootup, insert your HP Deskjet cd to see if it will find the drivers on it.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Skipper

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 02:16:18 AM »

Hi Sylvain,
I put HP Deskjet CD and even Windows 2000 CD when prompted with no luck. Like I said, I can live with that as it does the job anyway.Went on HP website as well but no driver update was available. What's bugging me is the sound problem. If I use games with sounds, no problem. But when comes the time to listen to music, it becomes garbled every now and then and specially if I open an other application. Even at Windows startup it does that.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2003, 02:24:04 AM by Skipper » Logged

Skipper

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2003, 12:29:45 AM »

Hi again!
I finally solve my problem by changing sound card for another model. Thanx for your help anyway,

Skipper

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: