MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Networking Problems arrow Topic: Networking WinXP Pro to WinXP Home Problem
June 20, 2019, 04:08:53 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2019, 04:08:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Networking WinXP Pro to WinXP Home Problem  (Read 1037 times)
thughes0126

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2003, 03:03:48 AM »

Hi, and thanks in advance for any effot whatsoever.

I am having a strange issue netwoking 2 pcs. I am using a Linksys Wiress Router, with a hardwired PC and a Wireless Laptop. I had difficulty getting thus far, still have 1 bug. I have networked the 2 machines, my laptop, for work, is configured to connect to a remote network named CORP. I have set my home pc on the same domain, even though its not on a domain. I couldnt get them seeing each other until I changed, 1 or upto all of these options. I added NW Link (NetBios Compat) on both PC's, enabled UPNP on my router, and setting up both pc's with Internet Gateway (which wont let me uninstall on either pc, but thats its own problem) After changing those options, the 2 pcs finally seen each other. Now, I can see both machines, from both machines, and I can actually connect to and roam shared folders from my home pc, xp home, to my work pc, xp pro, I click on a mapped drive, it prompts for a password and makes me enter as CORP\Username, and works fine but, when im on my laptop, xp pro, i can see my home computer, xp home, but when I try to roam its folders, it brings up the same password prompt, I enter the username, there is no password, and its says i dont have access, contact the adminstator. I read on here about xp needing passwords, and tried that, same thing. I figure it would be the other way around, that i could roam xp home freely, not xp pro, but my problem is i can roam xp pro freely, but it wont let me roam my home pc, xp home. Please let me know what info you need to help assist in offering any ideas, one last note, this worked flawlessly before, but me, being the (&*^*$# I am, I tried to remove netbios thinking it wasnt really helping me, I then could not see the pcs from the other, and after I added it back, no go on roaming the home pc freely, any ideas, and thanks again.

thughes0126

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 03:30:09 AM »

Holy Flamers Batman, after reading a "similiar" post between Me and XP home, it was suggested to changed the name of the computer (xp home) to something else, and it worked, I dont get it, I dont get it all, it worked fine under that name before, but after reinstalling nwlink, something somewhere changed or got corrupted because it would no longer browse the xp home machine, but it does now. Thanks guys, you helped me without even knowing it, I love this site, great resource, thanks all.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 01:13:51 PM »

Hi,

That's great! Glad you got your problem solved and that you find this forum useful! Grin

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: