MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Can't enter BIOS
December 08, 2019, 07:26:36 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 08, 2019, 07:26:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can't enter BIOS  (Read 998 times)
GaryW

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2003, 08:33:56 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:98SE (on old h/drive)
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Compaq deskpro model CP2000 (I think)
Error Messages:

I can't enter bios during startup. I changed hard drives and now I get "Non-system disk or disk error  replace and strike any key when ready" The F10 key did not enter setup with old hard drive either. I tried to clear CMOS with the jumper but still has disk error.Huh?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 03:02:00 PM »

Hi,

Does a small flashing cursor appear near the top right hand corner of the screen at any point during power up? This is when you should hit F10. Maybe insert a bootable floppy so the error doesn't appear and keep hitting F10 from the moment the system is powered on.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
GaryW

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 06:43:45 PM »

Sorry I did not respond earlier - been busy, forgot.
There was no cursor at top right, only top left of screen. Pressing F10 many time during start up just produced a lot of beeps.
The cure was to use FDISK to set an active partition. PC is up and running now. Thanks for your help.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: