MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: Missing Internet Explorer Address Bar
October 18, 2019, 07:36:47 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2019, 07:36:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Missing Internet Explorer Address Bar  (Read 9955 times)
marti866

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2003, 04:27:47 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows XP home Edition
Problem Application Name & Version:Software Internet Explorer
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Packard Bell Imedia 5070 Pent4 2.0Ghz
Error Messages:

I've recently been infected by the "W32.HLLP.Handy" virus. After Quarantining all 7 files that where infected. These files could not be repaired by Norton Antivirus after 1 week of trying. In a fit of rage i deleted every file that was contained in Quarantine to rid my system of this virus altogether. The next day after deleting these files i find that the address bar is missing from my Internet Explorer ( The place where you enter, for example www.google.com). Could someone please help how to replace this file, even if i have to uninstall and reinstalling internet explorer, or to copy someone elses internet explorer 6 and placing it on my system, Please please help!

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 03:28:40 PM »

Hi,

Check in IE:

View > Toolbars
Make sure "Address Bar" is selected.

If selected, check at the top right for a small vertical bar and drag it lower, this may be your address bar.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
marti866

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2003, 10:27:39 AM »

I tried this with no luck. I think the problem lies within the files of Internet Explorer. The problem only arose when i deleted (With satisfaction)the files that where picked up by Norton Antivirus which contained the 'Handy' virus. Norton Antivirus could not repair these files so in a panic i deleted them. Could you please inform me on how i can optain Internet explorer in full so i could replace it with my existing (No Address bar) version. Do you think that this could be the problem?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2003, 07:09:01 PM »

Hi,

I find it strange and unlikely that deleting a file would remove the address bar from within IE! You can download Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.asp

Let me know if re-installing fixes your problem.

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
devilgirl

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 06:36:23 PM »

hi..If the address bar does not show up ` go to VIEW in the main menu of IE and click Tool Bar, and then Address.  If this does not do it, GO to Tool bar, and make sure "lock tool bar" is unchecked.  You should see the address bar somewhere in the top of IE.  Move it after you made sure the tool bar was not locked.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2003, 03:23:14 PM »

Any luck with this marti866?

Sylvain Amyot

marti866

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2003, 04:29:28 PM »

I tried everything, honestly! Then one day i loaded up IE and there she was. If anyone has any explanation for this please inform me. Since then I've formatted my hard drive and replaced Windows XP home for XP professional......... much better!

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2003, 07:03:14 PM »

Hi,

I am glad this problem is solved for you! Grin

The only thing I can think of is some spyware hijacked your tool/address bar and the spyware was removed, therefore leaving you with nothing...but since the problem is now solved, it is difficult to say!

Anyways, glad all is fine!

Sylvain Amyot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: