MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Fuzzy pictures and few colors
October 18, 2019, 11:33:47 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2019, 11:33:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuzzy pictures and few colors  (Read 1724 times)
skulley

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2003, 01:11:58 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

K-6II 64mb
Win98SE
Had a problem booting PC, As windows was loading all functions froze. Thin red pictels formed two vertical lines and one horrozontal. Repeated attemps were same. Read help section from laptop and booted in safe mode. (no mouse! now that was first timer fun). Run MSConfig, seemed to work, Pc now boots in normal mode. New problem, all viewable items are missing colors and are hard to read. I tried to set display to 256 color but it will not change from 16 color. Some programs are missing on start up. But it boots really fast now. I have intagrated video, no driver cd to reinstall. I dont know if its a video problem or program.
Thanks for reading.
Skulley

ChrisTechUK

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 01:27:41 PM »

OKi doki, the pixilation sound like you might want to get your RAM checked. Onboard GPU'S use the computers RAM for display purposes. If you are experiencing pixilation you could have faulty RAM. You can get a program called GoldMem from http://www.goldmem.cz and this will make a bootable floppy so you can check your memory. With regards to the drivers, do you know what motherboard you have and who makes it? (MSI, Gigabyte, Abit, Asus??) If you can give me the make and model (it should be written in white text on the motherboard) then i will locate the drivers for you.

Hope this helps
~Chris Cool

"What do you mean I put the fan on backwards?"
skulley

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 03:48:53 PM »

ChristechUK, Thank you for your response! sorry for the late reply. I have been in the MSconfig trying to locate my problem and I found why it locks up on boot. I had just installed a third cd/rw (they keep burning out), and a program IN CD seemed to be the problem. I deleated it and it boots fine now.
For the pixilation I will try your idea goldmem.cz .
The motherboard is a AMD SIS530/5595 PC100
I belive its made by American Megatrends Inc. , AMI.
I found something saying built in AGP graphics adapter supporting extended VGA resolutions with 8MB frame buffer.
Chris, Thank you for your help!
Skulley

ChrisTechUK

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 12:23:39 PM »

AMI is the make of the BIOS, not the board. And the AGP buffer is there so you can tel your system how much of the Pysical Memory (RAM) it can use for the graphics display. 8MB is minimum. MOST onboard graphics go up to 64MB. Would just depend on the age of the board. Thanks for your reply, let me know if goldmem reports any errors?

~Chris

"What do you mean I put the fan on backwards?"
skulley

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2003, 05:29:09 AM »

Christech, Im not sure what happend or how, but the display started working correctly. I was in the control panel, display section and noticed a 32bit selection that was not their earlier. I selected it and everything worked normaly. Two days later after boot diaplay is back to Black n white and no 32 bit selection is avaiable, just 16, 256 and 16high bit. The other selections are not even listed. Any Idea how to get the 32bit selection back?

Thank you for your help.
Skulley

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2003, 12:16:51 PM »

Hi,

Check "Device Manager", what is the video card listed under "Display Adapter"?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
skulley

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2003, 04:20:31 PM »

I have fixed the problem. Not sure what happened but a Nero program
I installed interfeared with start up. Once removed and started in Normal mode I reconfigured the display and all is well.
 Thank you for your concerns and help.
Skulley.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2003, 01:37:51 AM »

Hi,

Glad you got your problem solved! Grin

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: