MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: my disk wont work
November 21, 2019, 04:22:23 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2019, 04:22:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: my disk wont work  (Read 933 times)
Karleon

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2003, 04:42:23 PM »

First off, i have no brains about computers what so ever. So this may be a simple question and i quite didnt find what i was looking for in the searches, so sorry if this has already been answered.

Ok i have two computers. One is a laptop (Toshiba) The other is an older pc (Tandy 4100 Professional series) Anyways i have some digital camera pictures on a floopy disk. I can view them fine on my Toshiba and any of my friends computer, but soon as i take the disk to the Tandy 4100 Professional series computer, put the disk in and save any file. i cant use that disk with any other pc. the whole disk is messed up. When i load it in the Toshiba, it keeps making a this sound. Like its trying to read the disk but it cant. It just keeps going and going. I dont know if this information is detailed enough for anyone to help me, but i tried to desribe my problem best way i could. Thanks in advanced

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 06:09:51 PM »

Hi,

I am assuming both systems are running a Microsoft Operating System (e.g. Windows or DOS)

From what you tell me, if you write to a floppy disk using the Tandy, you can read the files on the Tandy but if you bring the floppy to any other system, you can't, right?

The floppy drive's read/write head may be mis-aligned on the Tandy. Unfortunately this problem is not correctable and the only way to resolve this is to replace the floppy drive.

To test: Take a blank floppy drive and format it on the Tandy, copy some files over and if no other system can read it except the Tandy, then the drive is bad and should be replaced.

Go to a local computer retail store you know and ask if you can purchase a new floppy drive and if the problems is not resolved, if they are willing to take the floppy drive back for a refund. Never hurts to ask!

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: