MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Deleting Windows '98
November 18, 2019, 02:04:17 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2019, 02:04:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deleting Windows '98  (Read 1408 times)
north_family

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2003, 05:11:20 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows '98
Problem Application Name & Version: Windows '98
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

hi,
how do i uninstall windows '98 and everything off my computer and then make a fresh start with windows 98 please could you help me with this???

bbhagrid

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2003, 02:37:52 PM »

sounds like you want to reformat

put your win98 startup disk into the floppy drive if you dont have the disk then make one then with the disk in reboot the pc and choose the option "without cdrom support" it will boot to a: prompt from that disk type in "format c: /s" without the quotemarks and it will reformat your harddrive and put the sys files on it so you can boot the pc when finished make sure you are doing this from a:  drive

if you need anything else please repost and we will be happy to help

When I die, I want to die like my grandmother, who died peacefully
in her sleep.  Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.

Brian
north_family

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 01:56:10 PM »

sorry,  idont really understand could you also take me through it step by step if that isnt a problem, thanks

bbhagrid

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 02:56:09 PM »

ok you should have a floppy disk called "windows 98 startup" which is created when you first put win98 on your pc if you dont have this disk you can make one by going to start button then to control panel then to add/remove programs then click on the tab labeled startup disk the choose create disk....follow the prompts from there...after the disk is created remove the cd and leave the floppy in the drive and reboot the pc when it reboots choose the option to start without cdrom support it will start at the a: which is the floppy you just made from that drive type without quotes "format c: /s" then hit enter then it will say something like formatting this drive will destroy all information do you want to continue choose yes then enter button your pc will start the format procedure when it is done hit enter again now put your win98 cd back in and reboot the pc this time choosing the start the pc with cdrom support and it should start the install program for win98 if it doesnt type in "e:" and then it should be at the prompt for the cdrom type in "setup" and hit enter and it should begin from there and everything from there is just following the prompts

Brian
north_family

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 05:33:29 PM »

would it be the same if i were to use an XP Cd instead, if not could you help with the different stages
thanks

bbhagrid

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 11:10:56 AM »

if you use the winXP cd then just  put the cd in and reboot and it should begin the install if it doesnt then reboot the pc and tap the delete key as it is booting up and it should put you in bios then change the order of the boot process to boot from cdrom first and everything should go just fine

Brian
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2003, 03:57:35 PM »

Hi,

Are you still experiencing problems with this?
Can you give us an update?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: