MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: Internet problems. HELP PLEASE :(
July 21, 2019, 03:06:38 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2019, 03:06:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Internet problems. HELP PLEASE :(  (Read 1546 times)
kitss

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2003, 10:55:42 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows XP
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

ok, on monday i was having those RPC errors, then it stopped.  my internet stopped working afterwards.  i installed the patch's/symantec's removal tool, and it doesn't find any trace of the worm.  now, i can't get my internet to work properly.  i've contacted my ISP, they lead me through steps to get it to work.  nothing helped.  they told me to contact the PC maker/Microsoft.  I've tried both phone numbers, and Gateway won't work, Microsoft's phone says its busy b/c of the blaster worm.   I've been at this for a few days now, and i can't find any solution. i've talked with at least 30 different ppl about this, and none seem to have a solution for me.  i've heard others that had this problem, they said they just formated + installed the OS over, and it worked again.  I've tried to format using "format c:" or "format c: /q" neither work, both times it comes up errors.  i've tried to format using the XP install CD, it won't let me.  The only options i have are to repair the files, i've done this, didn't help.  or to install the OS on the same hardrive the old OS is on.  then it says it can cause problems having 2 OS on the same drive..  i'm really confused, i don't know what to do, and my ISP has ****py service.  if anyone thinks they can help please do!

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 05:07:48 PM »

Hi,

What error messages did you get when trying to format?
When you trying to re-install WinXP, did you try in the same folder as existing installation or a new folder?
When the worm was removed, did it delete any files, if so which one?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Tone

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2003, 03:04:25 PM »

Help!!! I think i'm having exactly the same problems as Kitss. I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to this malarkey. My internet connection was fine until i got the blaster virus. I removed all traces of it and then my connection went poor. My friend tried formatting it but could'nt (and he knows what he's doing (i think?))
To cut a long story short, i have now had a new pc built (inc new hard drive), and as soon as i connected to the net i got the bloody rpc(shutdown in 60 secs) window again. So again i removed all traces of the virus and put the patch on (which i should've done first probably) and guess what, my internet connection is goosed again!!!
I haven't tried formatting it again, coz i got a funny feeling it wont let me. Please help i dont know whats going on!!?Huh?

abso-f**kin-lutely baffled!!
Tone

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2003, 03:12:59 PM »

Oops, i forgot to tell you my pc spec:

Athlon 2.4Ghz
hayes v.92 modem
msi, kt400 x8 board
radeon 9600 agpx8
soundblaster 1024

dont know if this will help but i'll post it anyway!!!

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2003, 04:42:31 PM »

Hi,

What cleaner or antivirus software did you use to clean the msblaster worm?

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Tone

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2003, 04:49:19 PM »

Hi, i followed instructions from my isp (ntl) to remove the virus (windows task manager-processes-look 4 msblast.exe-end task.then searched for it in files & folders and deleted it) I then downloaded the patch from the microsoft website and installed it. After that i searched my puter for viruses with avg 6.0 anti virus system (after updating it) and it found nothing.

Any help?

My connection still isn't right, and i'm sick of it now so i'm going to try and format it tonight, will let you know how i get on!

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2003, 07:33:24 PM »

Hi,

Maybe try to run another virus cleaner like Symantec's Blaster Remover from http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FixBlast.exe to see if it will remove any registry entries that may be causing your problems.

Sylvain Amyot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: