MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: BAD COMMAND OR FILE NAME
September 16, 2019, 07:38:46 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 07:38:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BAD COMMAND OR FILE NAME  (Read 908 times)
woodstock

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2003, 08:02:17 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:WINDOWS 95 OR 98 NOT SURE
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:I PURCHASED A USED COMPAQ COMPUTER FROM MY WORKPLACE FOR MY NEPHEW.  IT WORKED JUST FINE AT WORK, AND I BOOTED IT UP BEFORE I DELIVERED IT TO MY NEPHEW TO MAKE SURE IT WAS RUNNING OK AND IT WAS.  I SET IT UP AT HIS HOUSE AND IT STARTED UP AND IMMEDIATELY WENT TO A BLANK SCREEN WITH THE ERROR MESSAGE BAD COMMAND OR FILE NAME.  I'M NOT SURE IF IT IS WIN 95 OR 98 AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET WHERE I CAN FIND OUT SINCE I CAN'T GET PAST THE BAD COMMAND OR FILE NAME MESSAGE. THANKS

Kevin

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2003, 11:38:52 PM »

First check is for floppy or disk in drive. If so remove and reboot. If not try tapping the f-8 key at the compaq logo. I presume you are getting that far. That should take you to a menu and you can see if it will go to dos mode. With that little c prompt you can do a lot!

Kevin

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 06:41:53 PM »

Hi,

Go into the BIOS and verify the system recognizes the hard drive. F10 key on most Compaqs during power up or when the cursor blinks in the top right hand corner.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: