MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Security & Viruses arrow Topic: can somebody help me.....?
December 16, 2019, 12:26:08 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 16, 2019, 12:26:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: can somebody help me.....?  (Read 3583 times)
luishugo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2003, 10:17:36 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:xp home
Problem Application Name & Version:norton systemworks,dr.speed,etc
Problem Hardware Make & Model:dell optiplex pentium 2
Error Messages:"programs get on middle of the screen and stuck cannot closed also"

I know this is a good place for computer help ,I posted my problem but looks like everybody is busy ,also can somebody knows this software www.pc1click.com ;I run this for free but for fixed need to paid ,this program founded 188 errors on my system ,somebody knows another program like this...? and I hoped somebody helped me . Thanks

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 12:16:59 AM »

Hi,

I just got back from holidays, therefore I have many, many posts to reply to. I will get to them all, eventually!

There are many registry cleaners available. One I found which seems to have a good reputation is jv16. Go the the download link at http://www.macecraft.com/ to get it.

PLEASE NOTE: Any time you make changes to the registry, it is very important to make a backup before so you can undo any changes if there are problems.

To backup registry:

Start > Run
Type 'regedit' (no quotes) then OK
Registry > Export Registry File...
Name the file at a location you want
In the "Export Range" section, select "All"
Hit "Save"

If you even have problems, double clicking this saved file will automatically import it back to your registry.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
luishugo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 10:33:14 PM »

hello thanks for the info ,I did it and my computer is better anyway I founded a clean system software in geocities called=oleclean,is free and detected a lot of problems on my computer I deleted and is ok ,also I find out this program "Dr speed" is not working properly what I am suppoused to do to fix a program in the computer...? thanks

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2003, 01:14:32 PM »

Hi,

Did you try re-installing Dr. Speed? Is this a shareware program? If so don't expect it to be flawless!

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
luishugo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2003, 10:10:28 PM »

Hello thanks for the reply,anyway Dr.Speed is dead ;doesn't work ,is not a shareware I bought it over the net is a program to speed your internet like a dsl work well but now I got this problem I still contacted this people for a refund or replaced ,if I lucky ,also can I ask ;why if I got a lot of free memory my computer is slow than before..?......and I was checking my files last night and I got all this on my computer :  dialer
                       xupiter
                       aornon
                       alexa
                       aureate
                       bargain buddy
                       bonzi buddy
                       bulla
                       cz.lop
                       ebay toolbar
                       ezula hot text
                       flyswat
                       gator
                       gratisware
                       gigateck
                       marketscore
                       network essentials
                       surfplus
                       spyware nuker
                       ucmore.....etc....
I runned spybot and everything is ok ,how I can deleted all this ,if all are ADWARE...? how I will know to don't get all this on my computer....THanks

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2003, 11:12:29 PM »

Hi,

Are these program still installed or only their shortcuts still exist?

Another good spyware/adware remover is Ad-Aware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

You can run MSCONFIG to find out what is loading during startup on the 'Startup' tab of MSCONFIG. This may give you an indication of what may be slowing down your system.

Sylvain Amyot

luishugo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2003, 12:03:47 AM »

How I will know if this a shorcuts ,I finded out when I hit a START button and click in EXPLORE in one file I founded this,how I can deleted,also I deleted manually GATOR ,and why SPYBOT,NORTON SYSTEMWORKS,SPYSWEEPER cannot deleted. Thanks

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2003, 12:15:00 PM »

Hi,

You must un-install applications throught the 'Add/Remove Program' in the control panel. Any spyware/adware not listed there can be removed with Ad-Aware (link provided above)

Sylvain Amyot

luishugo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2003, 01:42:11 AM »

Thanks for this place they helped me a lot.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2003, 04:53:58 PM »

Glad to help! Grin

Sylvain Amyot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: