MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: floppy disk problems
August 23, 2019, 11:57:22 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2019, 11:57:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: floppy disk problems  (Read 959 times)
luishugo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2003, 12:01:01 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:dell optiplex pentiumIII
Problem Application Name & Version:xp home
Problem Hardware Make & Model:floopy drive
Error Messages:doesn't work

Hello how can I checked for problems in this floopy drive...? last night I tried to used and doesn't work, also I checked in troubleshoot for this drive and send me to Msn update drives and appeared a window" Microsoft cannot find the drive upgrade for this area " in the floopy windows system explained; to this device is working properly ...? what I am suppoused to do ...? Thanks

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 04:13:35 PM »

Hi,

When you boot up, does the system recognize the floppy drive (on first screen you see once system is powered up)?

Can you read other floppy disks, is it possible the disk you're using is toast?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
luishugo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 12:47:27 AM »

Hello thanks for the message anyway when I turned up my computer allways heard a noise in the floopy area means the system is checking the device but how I know if the system recognized the floopy drive ...I just cannot used ..is dead. But in the floopy files it is apperared everything is working properly....? Thanks

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2003, 01:45:07 PM »

Hi,

Is your system in a very "dusty" environment?

Do you have an older Windows boot disk like a Win98 Startup Disk?
If not, go to http://www.bootdisk.com/ to download one.

Then try to boot off it. If the problem persists and you haven't recently opened the system case to add new hardware and the system was not recently moved, then check the ribbon cable going to the floppy drive at both end. If problem still persists, I would suspect the floppy drive is toast! Replace it.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: