MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Trying to get Winfast Tv2000 Xp tvcard working
July 23, 2019, 07:06:45 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2019, 07:06:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trying to get Winfast Tv2000 Xp tvcard working  (Read 1544 times)
bgsenevi

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2003, 11:27:31 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:XP
Problem Application Name & Version: Winfast PVR (3.0.9.9 & FM 1.37)(2003/8/27
Problem Hardware Make & Model: Winfast TV 2000 Deluxe
Error Messages: Hangs

Hi,
I have been trying to get this card working under Windows XP Prof.

After you install the drivers you get these in the device manager:
winfast tv2000 xp wdm audio capture
winfast tv2000 xp wdm crossbar
winfast tv2000 xp wdm tvturner
winfast tv2000 xp wdm video capture

Then I installed the Winfast PVR application.
When I run the PVR, the window comes up with the hour glass and it stays hanging. One trick, if I DISABLE above TVTURNER, then TV works, but the remote control. I tried moving the card to different pci slots. No luck. When I try to put the computer into standby mode; I get message the TVTURNER is preventing the standby.

I reinstalled the drivers many times. I download the latest drivers from www.leadtek.com. I tried contacting them over 10 times and received one response, asking me to reinstall.

I have an Asus p4c800-e-deluxe motherboard with 1G RAM. I have updated the BIOS to the latest 1011.005.

There is no way to change the IRQ on winfast audio/video drivers. I have one PCI modem. I tested this without the modem. Same trouble.

Any ideas appreciated.
Tx,
BG

« Last Edit: September 11, 2003, 11:33:40 PM by bgsenevi » Logged

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 03:08:47 PM »

Hi,

Sounds to me like faulty drivers on Leadtek's part but I would try to update other drivers like your video card drivers.

Have you heard from them?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
bgsenevi

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2003, 04:48:43 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I had no luck with leadtek.com calling/emailng me back.  I tried email, webmail, VM.  Let along fix their driver.  

I have already upgraded video card Radeon 9600 Pro drivers from ATI.  I also went into each driver under "Device Manager", and were ever it was possible I downloaded and upgraded them.  
That did not fix the problem.

BUT:
I also found this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810509&Product=winxp    at microsoft.  
Now it is the case for me.  I can't install any more drivers.  More MicroSoft support articles shows now only way to
fix these troubles is to reinstall XP !!  

I hope people read this and never buy this card.  I have not yet  found a place to put this card soft as one from hell.

Last night I bought another hard drive to install XP and slowly move my stuff from this HD.  I will never try this card again.  

It has been over 60days since I bought the card, and no way to return it.  

Tx,
BG
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Hi,

Sounds to me like faulty drivers on Leadtek's part but I would try to update other drivers like your video card drivers.

Have you heard from them?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 02:16:01 PM »

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your troubles! Sad

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: