MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: CD RW and DVD ROM will not play music
August 23, 2019, 11:43:18 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2019, 11:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD RW and DVD ROM will not play music  (Read 1117 times)
tedcat99

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2003, 07:11:34 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows 98SE
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:LITEON CD RW 52x32x52  SAMSUNG DVD ROM
Error Messages:

Hello Guys. I have just replaced my old SONY CD RW with a LITEON model. It installed OK and Systems Properties says the devices are working OK.If I insert a program installation disc in either drive it will open them and install the prog, but if I put a music disc in either drive neither of them will play music.I have checked that the Auto Insert Notification is ticked in Systems properties against both drives and restarted the PC without any luck.
I posted a similar problem to this 0n 4th March 2003 and solved it by going into regedit and clicking on KEY CURRENT USER/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/CURRENT VERSION/POLICIES/EXPLORER and checked that the NODRIVETYPEAUTORUN Numbers were correct as follows,  00 00 00 00
95 00 00 00
 I checked again this time but these numbers were ok. Has anybody got any ideas on how to solve this problem this time as I can only play music now by opening the music disc in Explorer. Thanks from  Tedcat99:(    

tedcat99
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 03:07:15 PM »

Hi,

Maybe try this:

1. Double-click the My Computer icon on your Desktop.
2. On the View menu, click Folder Options.
3. On the File Types tab, click AudioCD in the Registered File Types box, and then click Edit.
4. Click Set Default if the Open action is not bolded, click Close, and then click Close.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
tedcat99

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 05:55:34 PM »

SOLVED.  Thank you Admin. Your suggestion worked a treat and both CD RW and DVD ROM are playing CDs as normal on Windows Media Player. Once again Thank you very much.   Tedcat99

tedcat99
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 06:10:39 PM »

That's great! Glad I could help! Grin

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: