MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: something wrong with system relating to drive A
December 09, 2019, 11:53:46 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2019, 11:53:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: something wrong with system relating to drive A  (Read 1047 times)
wildcherrys

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2003, 09:49:13 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

ive got a pc here and had to figure out how to hook up cables and wires cause someone decided to pull them out and hook them up wherever they felt they wanted to lol.I got it up and running but theres a problem with the system to the floppy drive.I know its not the floppy drive itself because I put one in that I know works, and it most definetely is hooked up correctly with wires and cables, so its got to be something else.I am trying to access the hard drive and need to input system files.when i turn on the pc it reads the A drive and wont stop reading it. the light comes on and wont go off whether theres a floppy in it or not.It will not read the floppy though.anyone know what may be causing this? and please dont tell me its hooked up wrong,its not.its a 64mb win 98 pentium2 pc,yes an older one.im at a loss.i can try the cd to input these files but its not working right now.i dont know if theres power going to it but im gonna check this right now.i just want to get this over with lol.

WildCherry's
bbhagrid

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 12:39:12 PM »

check to make sure the cable isnt plugged in backwards for the floppy drive...unplug it from the floppy and turn the cable over and plug it back in not the whole cable just the end pluged into the floppy

When I die, I want to die like my grandmother, who died peacefully
in her sleep.  Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.

Brian
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 03:57:20 PM »

Hi,

A solid light on the floppy drive is a reversed cable. Did you try what bbhagrid suggested?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
wildcherrys

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 06:38:42 PM »

Yes I have, just as I stated in my post. I also have the schematic on how to hook it up and yes I have tried this and tried every other way possible. I believe its the power unit, I just checked it and sometimes it has alot of voltage and sometimes it has none.I have decided to rebuild the pc and just save the rest of it for parts, but ty very much for your time and willingness to help.

WildCherry's
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2003, 09:26:04 PM »

You're welcome! Grin

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: