MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: Microsoft Word 2000
December 11, 2019, 10:25:54 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2019, 10:25:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Microsoft Word 2000  (Read 1600 times)
marti866

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2003, 03:12:45 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:XP Home
Problem Application Name & Version:Microsoft Word 2000
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Packard Bell Imedia 5070 2.0GHz pentium 4 256 Ram
Error Messages:Data1.MSI

Hi, every time I load up Microsoft Word 2000 a windows installer box appears containing the
following text "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable".
Then below this text it reads "Click ok to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder
containing the installation package 'DATA1.MSI' in the box below".

Clicking on OK produces another dialogue stating that the path cannot be found.
Clicking on Cancel exists the program altogether.  

I have a stand alone PC with no network connections apart from a 256k broadband connection.
My PC is a Packard Bell Imedia 5070 2.0Ghz, 256 RAM and with a 40 GB hard drive. It runs
Microsoft XP home edition. I have Microsoft office 2000 loaded  onto my PC. Microsoft Word 2000
came already loaded onto my PC when purchased over a year ago. Between 8-10 months ago I loaded
Microsoft Office and everything worked ok, until now.

Approximately 3 weeks ago I was required to take my PC to an engineer as it would not boot up,
this I think causing this problem. The engineer did state that some programs will be effected
by this fault, so far only this has been effected.

I'm a IT student and use Microsoft Word alot within my studies.

Please please help

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 05:25:32 PM »

Hi,

Have you tried a re-installation of MS-Office?

or

When asked to supply an alternate path to DATA1.MSI, insert your MS Office cd and search for the MSI file on it.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
marti866

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 11:51:14 AM »

I've tried everything, including uninstall and inserting the Office disk. In the end i've had to format my hard drive and insert XP professional instead of XP home, installed Office and everything is hunky dorry! Thanks anyway!

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 05:03:38 PM »

Sorry to hear you had to go through all this trouble but at least all is working for you! Grin

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: