MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: No Clip Art in Office??!?
August 18, 2019, 01:09:12 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2019, 01:09:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Clip Art in Office??!?  (Read 8039 times)
kristins1877

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2003, 10:40:43 PM »

Operating System Version: Windows XP
Problem Application Name & Version:Office XP

Here's the problem. Last week no problems. In office programs I click insert, and clip art. I ass a keyword and thumbnails of my pics come up. But now, when I do that, instead of thumbnails I get file name: dglxasset.aspx. The file extention is ASPX not the usual jpeg, gif, or wmf that is in the clip art organizer. Also, when I try to open the clip art organizer, it shows no pictures. I try to download clip art from Microsoft.com and when you click download the clip art organizer usually opens and you see your picture right? Well my organizer opens and shows NOTHING! I can't even download clips. HELP!!!:o???

kristins1877

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 10:42:34 PM »

I should add that I have deleted and reinstalled MS Office to no avail. Also I am the server on a 3 computer network and the other 2 PC's are fine.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 06:38:07 PM »

Hi,

Does the MS Office XP installation have an "Repair" option, if so try a repair installation.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
kristins1877

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2003, 08:18:44 AM »

I tried to do that but it asks me for my admin password. I entered it and I jest ger a c:/WINDOWS prompt. It won't do anything. I tried a repair in the clipart organizer and it did nothing. Do I need to change the file format for graphics in Office?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2003, 02:32:53 PM »

Hi,

When you try to insert an image and you get the dglxasset.aspx file, can you browse to the image folder, and list any images? Also what happens if you select the dglxasset.aspx file?

Are you running an up to date antivirus scanner on this system?

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
PAtkins

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2003, 05:58:27 PM »

I have a similare problem in MSoffice Word when I try to view clip Art I get a few at the beginning then the image has dglxasset on the remaining. If I try to insert that image it does not work.

PAtkins

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2003, 06:06:55 PM »

I am runing Microsoft XP home edition version 2002,
MSOffice 2003 Professional and Norton antivirus 2003. Undecided

kristins1877

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2003, 04:37:32 AM »

I fixed it. Try this--open Word, and click tools. Choose Options. In File Location you must change the clipart location to cagcat10. Let me know if that works!

kristins1877

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2003, 09:20:26 PM »

oh yeah, right click Internet Explorer and delete all temp internet files too!

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2003, 03:24:53 PM »

Hi kristins1877,

Glad you solved your problem!  Thank you for the update!

Did this work for you PAtkins?

Sylvain Amyot

Chandy

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2003, 08:56:50 PM »

I have the same problem. (I run XP Professional.) When I try to use the "insert/clipart", I get a bunch of little boxes with dglxasset.aspx in them. I followed your instructions, and it worked for about 15 minutes. But then, a box popped up and said that the program was not responding and that it had to shut down. When I opened it back up again, the clipart was gone again. I checked in 'Word', 'tools', 'options', and 'file location', and the cagcat10 was still there. Now what do I do to fix it, and to be able to see my clipart again in Word?
Chandy

quote:
Originally posted by kristins1877

I fixed it. Try this--open Word, and click tools. Choose Options. In File Location you must change the clipart location to cagcat10. Let me know if that works!

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2003, 03:42:43 PM »

Hi,

Is this "cagcat10" location on the Office CD?
If so, can you access the CD through Windows Explorer?

Sylvain Amyot

tjlemke

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2003, 01:54:34 PM »

Strange that we should all have these problems about the same time.  I have Office XP SP1.  I downloaded SP2 but it said I had the wrong version.  Downloaded SP1 and installed.  Then installed SP2.  It is working for now (I was using publisher when this happened.)  Hope is stays that way.

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Hi,

Is this "cagcat10" location on the Office CD?
If so, can you access the CD through Windows Explorer?

tjlemke

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2003, 02:09:07 PM »

Did not work for long.  Sorry to get your hopes up!

bigbadhair

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2003, 07:57:51 PM »

I fixed this problem on our computer. We recently installed some software that prevents our kids from going to any sites that we haven't allowed. Previously the kids had configured clipart to show items from MS Office on-line, http://office.microsoft.com. Once I allowed themm to go to that site everything started working again.

I figured this out by right-clicking one of the dglxasset objects in the clipart viewer and looking at the properties, where it said that the object was located on MS's web site.

Make sure you're connected to the Internet, and that you can get to the MS Office pages and I think everything will start working. Let us know how it goes.

-T

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: