MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: Can't see pictures on the Internet
June 02, 2020, 02:02:44 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2020, 02:02:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can't see pictures on the Internet  (Read 2589 times)
YShabunov

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2003, 04:42:43 PM »

When loading a web page the pictures/images all come up with red x's in them.  I have checked the Tools->Internet Options->Multimedia section andshow pictures is checked.  Is there anything else I can do?  Culd this have happened when I visited some web sites? how Can I prevent this in the future?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 05:28:23 PM »

Hi,

Is this happening at a particular website or all of them?

Check out Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer

Also try:
1. In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Click the Use Smooth Scrolling check box to clear it, and then click OK.

Also found:
To remove Red X's rename 'Host' File and 'Host.exe' to something else in c:\windows. This will remove red x's in IE 6

Are you running Norton Internet Security (NIS) or Norton Personal Firewall (NPF)?
Cannot see all of a Web page when NIS or NPF is installed

Let me know what works (if any)

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
YShabunov

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 05:53:50 PM »

This is happening on all of the web pages, I have looked at the link mentioned above and tried those remedies, but still no help.  Is thereanything else that I could do ro try, any chance of getting someone to shadow me on my computer and take a look at it?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 06:36:37 PM »

Hi,

Try running in Diagnostics Startup Mode to see if problem goes away, if it does then the problem is most likely with something load at startup.

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
YShabunov

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 08:06:15 PM »

I tried the diagnoatic as well, and there is no firewall or internet security that is currently running.  Is it possible that a bling link that was connected from another webpage had erased or depleted a file that was necessary?  How can I go about repairing/replacing it, and how do I diagnose this problem?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2003, 08:12:25 PM »

Hi,

Maybe try running a Spyware Remover

What version of IE are you running?

Sylvain Amyot

YShabunov

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 08:42:39 PM »

I had downloaded a file called ad-ware 6.0 and this took care of the problem.  I really want to thank you for the great care and assistance you provided.  Thank you very much.  If there is any way to further show my appreciation please let me know.  You guys and your service is absolutley great.  Thanks again.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2003, 03:46:42 PM »

quote:
...I had downloaded a file called ad-ware 6.0 and this took care of the problem...
That's great! Glad you got your problem fixed! Grin
quote:
I really want to thank you for the great care and assistance you provided. Thank you very much. If there is any way to further show my appreciation please let me know. You guys and your service is absolutley great. Thanks again.
If you want to help out, check http://www.mytechsupport.ca/index_help.html

Sylvain Amyot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: