MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Security & Viruses arrow Topic: Norton Utilities
June 02, 2020, 02:56:13 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2020, 02:56:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Norton Utilities  (Read 3567 times)
iley

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2003, 06:39:40 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

have two computers one Is windows 98se the other a new one (laptop)with xp on It On both I have Norton virus/utilities/and firewall.the query/problem I,m having Is as follows ,when doing a one click scanon utilities on both the first fault is always the sameI have just reformatted the 98se and the laptop Is new  this fault appears every time .                                                                Invalid activex/com settings of your windows registrycontain one or more invalid entrys these can cause docs to open improperly apps not to run or pc to crash. being some what of a new boy I have no idea what or where my problem or solution is any help would be apreachted  thanking you In advance
                W Iley  

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2003, 02:23:30 PM »

Hi,

Are you seeing these error using WinDoctor and One Button Checkup?

If so, are you using AOL 7.0?

Go to http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/support_options.html and search (near the bottom) for 'Invalid activex'

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
iley

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 09:26:50 AM »

thank you for your quick reply No Iam not on Aol never was I may be being silly over this I would just like not to be getting the same thing over and over I will try to copy the two items here
the key,clsid\{f2dd9bc5-3851-4766-9f67-a627b3co53dd}refers to an invalid applicationidentifier {f2dd9bc5-3851-4766-9f67-a627bbc053dd}was fixed with delete invalid entry
The other is
the key bwpfile\shell\open\command ref to an invalid command entry c\programfiles\logitechdesktop messanger 8876480\6.1.4.65-8876480l\program\prv cnt exe"%1" " fixed with delete invalid entry I am almost sure that I was getting the same things before I reformatted to as the norton seems to be fixing each time are these things I should be bothering about?thanking you again for your trouble Bill

iley

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 09:42:28 AM »

Sorry forgot to put in yes I am getting faultson win doc one button check up Bill

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 02:37:18 PM »

Hi,

Read these documents (Since I don't know what version you have, select the correct one):

Norton Utilities 2001 5.0 - Win9x/Me
Norton WinDoctor or System Check cannot repair an error or finds the same errors repeatedly

Norton Utilities 2002 6.0 - Win98/Me
Norton WinDoctor or System Check cannot repair an error or finds the same errors repeatedly

If the registry keys are deleted and keep coming back, and you feel these keys are part of "legit" software installed, simply set them to be ignored (see documents above). By "legit" software, I mean you installed them and you know they are not spyware or a virus.

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
iley

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2003, 05:52:56 AM »

I have read theNor/Utilities2002 6.0.win98 Im not competent enough to do some things suggested and as you say I,m sure all Is legit so for now I will as suggested set my P.C.to ignore these things until I can get someone a lot more able than me to do the job thanking you once more for your help and understanding   Bill

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 02:41:27 PM »

Glad to help! Grin

Sylvain Amyot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: