MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Can you help a desperate girl?
June 04, 2020, 11:39:34 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2020, 11:39:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can you help a desperate girl?  (Read 1267 times)
surveys@spray.no

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2003, 07:07:20 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: none at the moment (win2000, Only DOS-installation done)
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model: ABIT-BE6-II
Error Messages: Inaccessible Boot Device

Hi all...

A few weeks ago I formatted my harddisks. I now managed to install win 2000 in DOS, and was asked to restart my computer. I then got a blue screen with the message; 'Inaccessible boot device'.

I have a ABIT-BE6-II motherboard.

I would guess it is my motherboard that needs its drivers for the hard disks to work properly?

Where can I find the driver I need? And what do I have to do in DOS to install it? What commands should I type?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 12:56:57 AM »

Hi,

Sounds to me like the IDE driver is incorrect.

Can you boot up in Safe-Mode? (Hit <F8> during Windows bootup to access boot menu)

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
surveys@spray.no

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 02:00:42 PM »

Well... I gave up and installed win98. it works. well, not properly. lots of error-messages and stuff... AAAAAAAAAAA I just want to give up Sad

*sob*

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 03:08:54 PM »

Hi,

When you installed Win98, did you reformat the drive or install over the failed Win2k installation in the same directory?

What are the error messages?

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
surveys@spray.no

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 09:23:10 PM »

I formated everything...

I've tried out about everything...

I have tried installing using the win2000 bootdisks, I have tried installing by booting from the cd, I have tried upgrading and also clean installing through win 98, I have even tried installing windows xp. Something interesting happened, tho.. when I tried to install win xp pro through windows98, I got the message;
'blocking problem: highpoint HPT366 Ultra DMA-controller'

Do you think that my motherboard could possibly be just... dying? lol... 'cause something must be wrong...

I have been running a ram test.. nothing wrong.. I have been trying so much stuff that I am now thinking there must be something physically wrong with some of my hardware?

*DESPERATE CRY*

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2003, 04:09:10 PM »

Hi,

I have heard of some 'issues' with this board which would not surprise me if the problem is hardware related!

Make sure the system is not overheating (e.g. check that all fans are spinning, especially the CPU fan and that it is well attached, flush to the CPU)

Sylvain Amyot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: