MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: browser problems...
June 06, 2020, 03:19:38 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2020, 03:19:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: browser problems...  (Read 1847 times)
KellyW

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2003, 07:00:37 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows XP home
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:none

I have no clue about computers so I appreciate your patience...For some reason the site I play games at will not fully load.. It loads to 99% and I have tried everything I know to clear the browser cache so that I get a fresh version..to no avail. I can load any game at this particular site except for one and when I emailed support they basically said..we don't know and can't help..I have cleared the cookies..temp files and cleared the history...restarted my computer 5 times and I still can't load the game..I also downloaded Java 2 platform as it's a java game..(although I don't know what that means but support suggested it might help) Any suggestions to what the problem or solution might be? Thanks in advance..

Kelly
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 02:43:25 PM »

Hi,

Can you tell us what site you're having problems with and what game?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
KellyW

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 11:34:13 PM »

yes..the site is www.pokerroom.com and the game is video poker...All the other games there are loading correctly..and I have friends that are getting in...I can't fully load it...It gets to 99% and stops...Thanks

Kelly
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 01:26:08 PM »

Hi,

The game requires Java 1.1 and the PockerRoom site has a test you can run to see if your Java installation is good. Try running this test: http://www.pokerroom.com/support/browsertest/ if the test passes, also try the test to see if your browser supports secure connections or not, which is on the page from the link above)

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
KellyW

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 02:14:45 PM »

Thanks...I did all of that...I even downloaded the java update that they suggest...but it still hangs up at 99% complete..What in my computer could be saving the incomplete version and how do I get rid of it?

Kelly
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 02:56:51 PM »

Hi,

Go to the Control Panel and run the Java Plug-in applet. Then go to the "Cache" tab and hit the "Clear Jar Cache" button

Sylvain Amyot

KellyW

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 02:59:28 PM »

Thanks I'll try it.

Kelly
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2003, 03:24:53 PM »

Let me know if this helps

Sylvain Amyot

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: