MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: USB devices won't terminate sleep mode
November 18, 2019, 04:53:34 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2019, 04:53:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: USB devices won't terminate sleep mode  (Read 834 times)
Joel

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2003, 11:13:00 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: XP Home
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model: Dell 2.0 Gig PC - my own USB keyboard and mouse

We have a small internet cafe and would like to remove the keyboards and mouses' from the systems when they are not in use.  

When the system goes into sleep mode - replugging the mouse and keyboard will not wake the system.  The system needs to be rebooted to get it awakened.  Any work around??

Joel Gilgoff
Haith

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 01:04:33 PM »

Sorry I can't offer a work-around to the situation you describe.  I think that once the keyboard is unplugged you will need to reboot from sleep mode (personally I find many clients have "issues" with sleep mode anyway.)

I guess the problem you are experiencing stems from vandalism or theft of equipment and/or people simply occupying the computer.  At some internet cafes, the password client will not let users do ANYTHING until they sign in and start using their minutes.  One I was in recently handed me a wireless keyboard in combo with the above.  When finished just hand back the keyboard.  Without knowing more about your operation, those are the only real workarounds I can offer.

Professional computer geek that loves the outdoors moreso!
Computer worker...console gamer!
Joel

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 02:23:22 PM »

Thank you for your answer - you have the evaluated the problem exactly.  We were using infrared wireless keyboard/mouse combo but people prefer a full size keyboard and full size scroll mouse.

Most wireless keyboard use radio frequences and you cab't use more than one unit in a room (Logitech).

Joel Gilgoff
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 04:40:43 PM »

Hi,

If your mouse/keyboards are being damaged, I am sure customers will understand using infrared wireless mouse/keyboard even if they are smaller. It's your call!

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: