MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: xp won't boot up
October 17, 2019, 09:43:22 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2019, 09:43:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: xp won't boot up  (Read 1362 times)
dwagnersix

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2003, 08:21:06 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:xp pro sp1
Problem Application Name & Version:the xp operating system itself
Problem Hardware Make & Model:home built computer
Error Messages:for some reason when the xp loading screen is finished my screen goes black and the operating system does'nt initiate.tried safe mode,last known configuration but it still won't turn over.was working fine last night,now it's stuck!

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 09:46:13 PM »

Hi,

Did you install any new software last night?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
dwagnersix

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 10:31:15 PM »

no new software.i just read about the xp recovery console.could that help with my situation?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2003, 03:12:14 PM »

Hi,

Unless you know why this is happening, booting up in the recovery console may get you nowhere. You can try to bootup in the recovery console to run 'CHKDSK /r' to verify your hard drive integrity, perhaps the problem is caused by bad sectors. If you suspect a service or driver is causing this, you can disable them by using the DISABLE command with the LISTSVC command to list the services/drivers. For more details read: Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console

If you can't bootup in Safe-Mode or Last Known Config, and recovery console doesn't help, then the only thing left to do is to re-install Windows.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
chiliwhack

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 01:05:16 PM »

I'm having the exact same problem!  I formated my hardrive, and installed XP Pro.  I can boot in safe mode no problem.  When I try to boot normally, I get the XP pro screen then just before its about to load, it looks like it freezes or my hard drive stops loading for some reason.  Thought it was maybe XP, so I cleaned the hardrive again, and installed Me (very scary) and it did the same thing.  What is the problem?  Sad

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: