MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Monitor - Sound
September 22, 2019, 07:08:09 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2019, 07:08:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Monitor - Sound  (Read 793 times)
daleb47

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2003, 06:12:53 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:win98
Problem Application Name & Version:General Settings
Problem Hardware Make & Model:I am running windows 98 with a Intel modem. I think I have the right drivers loaded because I get on the net. My problem is no sound. I can get sound/music from cd player (D), but no midis,wavs ect. - no system sounds. Also I can't get full screen no mater what I do. I have a black 1 inch border around screen. I have followed all of the MS help suggestions - no good yet.
Error Messages:

Please help - as you can tell - I'm new

Haith

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 12:58:50 PM »

As to the black border in the monitor, most monitors have some buttons on the front that allow you to adjust the size, position, color etc.  Have you tried those.  The controls for them take a little practice as they seem different on every computer.
For the sound troubleshooting, double click the speaker icon in your task bar so that multiple sliders show up like for the volume.  If only the volume slider appears, click options on it and advanced controls.  Move the slider up for Wave and make sure mute is not checked.  That might take care of it.

Professional computer geek that loves the outdoors moreso!
Computer worker...console gamer!
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 03:21:01 PM »

Hi,

Did you try what Haith suggested?

Also verify that your sound card drivers "working properly" in Device Manager.
Is there any devices with a yellow dot and/or a type called "Other Devices" in Device Manager?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
daleb47

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2003, 08:31:26 PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Hi,

Did you try what Haith suggested?

Also verify that your sound card drivers "working properly" in Device Manager.
Is there any devices with a yellow dot and/or a type called "Other Devices" in Device Manager?

Hi Thanks for responding. I found out that I have NO sound card - so that eliminates that problem, but there is no adjustment knobs on this monitor except brightness and contrast. Still black border problem. Also I can't change settings off of 480x680 the device manager says its working.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2003, 09:12:20 PM »

Hi,

If you cannot go higher than 640x480 then either you don't have the correct video drivers for your video card installed or the monitor type is set the "Standard VGA 640x480".

What is the display adapter and monitor type in your "Display" properties (Settings tab) from the Control Panel?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: