MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Networking Problems arrow Topic: network not working
June 19, 2019, 03:19:53 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2019, 03:19:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: network not working  (Read 1227 times)
bbhagrid

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2003, 12:25:40 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

I recieved this email from a friend and have tried to help her out but am stumped can anyone give a hand at helping to fix this problem the pc's being used are win2000 and possibly a win98 system in there somewhere

Ok Im at work, with a bit of a problem....I have to send confidential files to the government on a regular basis, the new system they have recently set up allows us to send the files via dial up internet connection using a secure encryption program called "Cisco VPN Client", which is fine except that it wont allow you to use that program on a computer with a shared internet connection (which is a pain in the butt)...so I have disabled the shared internet connection by unticking it in control panel....my problem is that now my network isnt working, when we try to communicate between the 3 computers it says "the network path was not found". I need to have the main computer able to connect to the internet, plus have the other 3 computers talking to each other as well. (2 dont need internet) Can you help me?
I have been trying to restore the network paths for a while but cant, the internet VPN is working fine though !!

When I die, I want to die like my grandmother, who died peacefully
in her sleep.  Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.

Brian
bbhagrid

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 01:54:33 PM »

ok just an update on the pc's...they are all win2000

When I die, I want to die like my grandmother, who died peacefully
in her sleep.  Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.

Brian
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 02:31:12 PM »

Hi,

Make sure the firewall has not been enabled in the VPN Client. Also make sure that dual networks are allowed in the Cisco back end. (forget the exact term but it allows/disallows access to local network or internet while tunnel is up)

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: