MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Multiple errors at startup?!?!
December 12, 2019, 02:01:44 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2019, 02:01:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Multiple errors at startup?!?!  (Read 2398 times)
kristins1877

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2003, 05:50:15 PM »

I am running Win XP. I had no prob. until 2 days ago. I was getting alot of popups and downloaded google toolbar with popup blocker, but the system was running real slow. Found out I had N-Case virus and Istbar virus. I thought I got rid of them but now Internet Explorer is always giving warning Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered an error and will close. So can't stay on the internet, OK.Angry When I restart my system I get 2 error messages. The first one:
rundll32.exe is unable to locate a component. This application has failed to start because MFC70.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem (what application? A name would be helpful?!) And the second error:
rundll--error loading 2ndsrch.dll The specified module could not be found.
I would REALLY like to repair my errors and most important the Internet error because I have TOO much to save if I need to reformat.
ANY HELP PLEASE?!?!?!:(

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 08:46:41 PM »

Hi,

You can get MFC70.dll here: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mfc70 and 2ndsrch.dll here: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?2ndsrch

I am not sure if they are the correct version but worth a try.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
mroland06

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 02:54:02 PM »

I also received the multiple error messages on startup. I downloaded the two files mfc70.dll and 2ndsrch.dll the first file worked. But I don't know which folder to put the second file in 2ndsrch.dll I have a Dell Latitude 800 and I am running windows XP professional.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 02:32:44 PM »

Hi,

Both files should go into c:\windows\system32

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2003, 03:47:23 PM »

Ad-Aware v6.0 b181 from www.lavasoftusa.com is a spyware remover and it is excellent at repeat cleanings of N-Case and Istbar . These are not viruses but spywares. Also get rid of google bar as that is spyware aswell.

I visit some pretty dangerous sites sometimes and get these two loading by stealth all the time.

Best of all buy the software and get the Pro version that I have, it is now as important as a good virus software.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: