MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Computer automatically reboots when playin games
September 22, 2019, 06:27:08 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2019, 06:27:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Computer automatically reboots when playin games  (Read 2101 times)
rollerbladathug

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2003, 06:03:42 AM »

Operating System Version: Windows XP Pro
Problem Application Name & Version: Games
Problem Hardware Make & Model: Maybe the Chaintech 9VJL3 MoBoard
Error Messages:None. My computer automatically reboots when ONLY playing some video games. I tried messing around in the BIOS with the halt on error **** and it still reboots. Can someone help me?

VL
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 06:36:28 PM »

Hi,

I would try updating your video card drivers

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
rollerbladathug

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 08:41:55 PM »

I have an Nvidia 5900, and always check for new drivers so that couldnt be the problem.

VL
Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 05:05:59 PM »

Hi,

Are these games online? If so, check your NIC drivers if using broadband connection (e.g. cable, dsl...) Also check your sound card drivers.

Can you give an example of a game that causes this?
Does it happen right when starting the game or after a certain amount of play time?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
boxes

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 09:04:51 PM »

i am also having the same problem but it occurs when i am watching a movie using windows media player, and also when i am rapping a dvd movie it is very frustrating.

boxes

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 09:05:39 PM »

Can you help me out also? i want to make some back up of my movies it is killing me that i cant

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 04:49:22 AM »

Boxes..Try updating DirectX and your video adapter driver. You might want to also use a different decoder for the video files (e.g. FFDShow for DivX and XviD contents).I found DivX first class.

An Australian Member of

EDDY
drunkncupid

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2004, 07:00:04 PM »

i am having exactly the same problem, i just had a few questions, are you using an amd processor and has computer ever closed the game and brought you back to the desktop screen without warning while you were playng a game? because that is what sometimes happens to me. I have yet to find the reason for this problem though.

klugenratte

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2004, 05:57:48 AM »

quote:
Originally posted by drunkncupid

i am having exactly the same problem, i just had a few questions, are you using an amd processor and has computer ever closed the game and brought you back to the desktop screen without warning while you were playng a game? because that is what sometimes happens to me. I have yet to find the reason for this problem though.

I am having this same problem.  Yes, I am using an AMD processor.  Yes, occassionally the game closes the and brings me back to the desktop, more frequently, though, the system reboots.

This just started after I upgraded my video card.  I was using an old nVidia Riva TNT2 32MB AGP 1X video card and never had this problem.  The problem began when I upgraded to an nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB AGP 8X video card to be able to play "URU: Ages Beyond Myst".  I am not having problems with URU, however I am having problems with "Age of Mythology: The Titans Expansion" (AOM).

I have a 900MHz AMD Athlon, 512MB PC133 RAM, Shuttle AI61 (only supports AGP 1X) motherboard, and a 300W power supply.  My system is running Win 2000 Pro SP4.  I am using nVidia drivers 53.0.3 and DirectX 9.0b (both of which are the most recent versions).

My CPU is running at about 42deg C and my motherboard is running at about 53deg C.

I have adjusted my display properties down in increments, but this has not resolved the problem.  At this point I can play the game for about 30 minutes before my system reboots and I have the settings at 800x600x16 with the low quality graphics selected in the game and all the "features" of the video card turned off.  If I increase any of these values, the system reboots almost as soon as the game begins.

However, I can crank up the graphics in URU and all other applications I've tried without any problems.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled AOM and I have reloaded the drivers and DirectX.  None of this seemed to help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2004, 08:28:05 AM »

Klugenratte.
 A nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB AGP 8X on a mobo that only supports AGP 1X is the seat of you problem.

An Australian Member of

EDDY
klugenratte

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2004, 02:41:12 PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Pancake

Klugenratte.
 A nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB AGP 8X on a mobo that only supports AGP 1X is the seat of you problem.

This was my first thought as well.  I plan to upgrade this week.

In the interim, I upgraded my power supply from 300W to 500W.  Although I wasn't certain it would make a difference, I had hoped this would be enough to get me through until I upgrade the motherboard, CPU, and RAM.  Unfortunately, my fears proved founded and I am still experiencing the same problem.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: