MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: Can't get graphics program to open
September 22, 2019, 06:28:13 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2019, 06:28:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can't get graphics program to open  (Read 1809 times)
Babyjane

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2003, 06:20:20 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:  Windows ME
Problem Application Name & Version:  Professor Franklin's Instant Photo Effects
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

the error message window reads:  XTREME LOC ALERT
Then these 3 messages appear below the title:

DLL Loading Problem
        or
Debugger Detected
        or
Integrity Violated

I have written the company from whom I purchased this program weeks ago and at that time they said they would be happy to help me but I have not heard from them at all even after another letter.
Can you please tell me why when I try to open this program since a couple of months ago, it will not open.
I am not sure if this is a coincidence but it seemed to start after I did my latest Windows Updates.
I love this program.  It is the most easy to use and I used it a lot. I really miss it.Sad
Baby Jane

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 03:30:51 PM »

Hi,

Have you tried to re-install it?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Babyjane

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 05:30:07 PM »

I purchased the program on line.  I don't have it on disk.
 I just wish they would respond.  They said they would.  Thanks.
BabyJane

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 09:32:06 PM »

Hi,

From what website did you purchase this app?

Sylvain Amyot

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Babyjane

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2003, 02:56:38 PM »

Hi Admin:
It's been nearly a year ago and I just typed in the name of the product given to me by a friend overseas.  There are many sites which refer to this product so I went back there and the one which looks most like the site I bought from is
http://www.swsoftware.com/
I know when I first wrote for help I wrote to the addy which I got from that site but they wrote back and said it was a "softwrap" issue.  So I wrote them at support@softwrap.com.  They gathered my purchase information and said they would be happy to help.

I'm hoping that the holiday perhaps has slowed them down although I wrote them long before the holiday.  I really enjoyed that little program.
Sincerely,
Baby Jane

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2003, 02:34:53 PM »

Hey Babe,

This link below will allow you to download the shareware version of the program that you bough off the other site. You should be able to use the same registration key to get it registered again...

Just copy the whole link into the address bar of IE and it will do it all itself.

http://tracker.5star-network.com/download key=instantfotofx&uri=http://5star.freeserve.com/Graphics/files/InstantPhotoEffects.exe&site=1

Tell us how it goes...

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2003, 04:30:42 PM »

Hi Babyjane,

Does this software have a way to enter a registration code and do you have it? If so, do as rghasenohr suggests above.

Sylvain Amyot

Babyjane

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2003, 04:25:07 PM »

Hi rghosenohr and Admin:
Thank you both for your responses.  I don't have a registration code at all.  Every so (not) often, I will try to open the program just to see if it might and on this rare occasion it will.
So the last time about a week ago when it opened, I looked under help, about, that sort of thing and all there is, is a version number something like 1.1 or such.
When I first got the program (the trial version) I used it for a couple of days and knew I liked it, so I gave my purchase info and then it looked the same over all, the difference being that I could now save the work.  I wasn't given any further information about the program and it took no registration number.
The question I have now for Berty, is before I go to the site you gave me to download the program, I should need to remove the existing one.  Is that correct or will it copy over it and (hopefully) work?
Thanks for all your help.
Baby Jane

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2003, 07:21:17 PM »

Hi,

It would appear that instead of using a registration code, they have two versions, a full version and a trial version. If you install the trial version over your full version, you will downgrade your installation to a trial version.

When you purchased the full version online, did you download an installation file and if so, do you still have it?

Sylvain Amyot

Babyjane

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2003, 07:26:51 PM »

Hello There,
    Sorry to be so late in responding but I lately, have had this love/hate relationship with my job. I have mostly found myself hating it when they send me out for so long.
    But anyway, now I am back to show my computer ignorance.  I am not sure what or which you mean by "installation" file.  When I first went to the site to try the program, I downloaded it then.  I never looked on my hard drive to see what all that included.
    As I posted earlier, the ONLY thing that changed about the program when I purchased it was that then I could save the graphics with the changes I put on them from the program, like lighting or a frame or text etc.
    Nothing whatsoever looked different about the program in any way.  Oddly however is that somewhere, maybe at the site, it read that after six months from purchase that the "clock" would no longer need to be verified.  
    Yet still,ever so often this window comes up with a clock sort of in that I have to click Yes, the time is as real time, in order to continue to use the program.
      Also another window opens each and every time I would open the program which I found odd as well.  It is just their advertising window about other products they have.  I could simply close it however with nothing further.
       I wish I knew what exactly allows the program to open even now once in a great while.  When on these rare occasions it does open, I will open the Close Programs window just to see what combinations of applications are open at that time, thinking maybe that could have something to do with it, but trial and error it plays no role.  Why will the darn thing open once in a while but not routinely?
     Thank you for your help,
     Baby Jane

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: