MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: XP not included
August 21, 2019, 06:27:53 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2019, 06:27:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: XP not included  (Read 1331 times)
zero10iz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2003, 06:02:49 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: XP
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model: HP
Error Messages:

Ok, i have a problem. Some of the forums here tell you to completely reinstall Windows as a final solution to problems, but when i bought my computer, about 18 months ago, from a Bestbuy, Windows XP was pre-installed and i never got a CD for XP. (I'm not smart enough to put together my own comp...)

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 02:41:57 PM »

What is your actual problem, or is it you just want a free CD! Hacker...

zero10iz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2003, 12:13:27 AM »

Haha, i wish i was a hacker. I don't want a free CD, i jus want to know what i should i do if something like this really happened. I kno i don't have to worry for about 1 year and a half more, cuz i bought the extended warranty they have, but what then? I don't wanna spend $200 buying XP that i already have

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 03:03:14 PM »

Well, because you you bought a computer with XP on it pre-installed, you will find that it is actually illegal not to have it supplied you with the CD. I mean are you the registered owner of your operating system or is it the bestbuy's. DEMAND YOUR RIGHT'S

Go to the Bestbuy and demand your XP CD AND LICENCES. They sold it to you, it's yours, now go and get it! If they don't like it tell them that you will report them to Microsoft under their piracy provisions.

OOH, that would hurt!

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2003, 03:05:23 PM »

fOR ISSUES LIKE THIS JUST RING UP MICROSOFTAND ASK THEM WHAT YOU SHOULD DO...

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2003, 04:01:02 PM »

Hi,

Computer vendors can either give you the original Windows CD or give you a recovery CD which will put your system to an original state.

Did you receive a recovery CD with your system? If not, go to Bestbuy with proof of purchase and get either a Windows XP cd or if you were supposed to have a recovery CD, get that before it is too late to get it.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
zero10iz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2003, 02:27:08 AM »

Ok, thank you, because that's what i thought, that you're supposed to have a Windows CD with your computer. They gave me a bunch of CDs, printer drivers and fancy stuff, but no windows XP. Haha, suing Best Buy'd be funny, though i don't have nearly enough money nor power to do that. Probably to assassinated by Bestbuy spies...jk

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2003, 02:06:33 PM »

Hey, just go back and ask. One CD is not going to bother them!

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2003, 06:46:48 PM »

Legally they have to give you a copy if you purchased Windows!

Either the Microsoft WinXP cd or a Recovery CD containing the WinXP installation files.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: