MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: Stanby mode
September 22, 2019, 07:14:10 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2019, 07:14:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stanby mode  (Read 1036 times)
Skipper

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2003, 01:36:46 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows 2000 Pro
Problem Application Name & Version:IE 6, Outlook Express 6
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Hi,
Power options is set to put machine on stanby mode after 5 min.,to never turn off monitor nor hard disks. It works fine but sometimes, when I press the space bar to get it out of stanby mode(which it is set to), it won't do it and I have to shut it down by holding power button for 5 sec. and start it again.

Also, I would like to know why Outlook Express tells me that I have 12 new messages for example while it shows only 3 messages. I am using it for 3 different accounts with Hotmail.
Thanks,
Skipper  

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 04:28:18 PM »

Hi,

I would check the Power Management Features in your BIOS to see what they are set to. If they're enabled, try disabling Power Management at the BIOS level.

Please Note: The Turn Off Monitor power option does not work with the following chipsets, using the drivers shipped with Windows 2000:
-Older Matrox chipsets
-Compaq QVision
-Weitek P9
-Tseng W32/ET6000

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Skipper

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 01:39:24 PM »

Hi,

I tried it but no joy...

Guess I'll have to live with that!

Thanks anyway,

Skipper

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 08:10:49 PM »

Hi,

Unfortunately there are still issues with Power Management feature in Windows causing these types of problems. If anybody else have a solution, please let us know!

The only thing that comes to mind is perhaps the motherboard manufacturer has a BIOS update to address this.

PLEASE NOTE: If a BIOS upgrade is performed incorrectly, you could render your system useless!

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: