MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Security & Viruses arrow Topic: cmd32.exe
November 17, 2019, 09:26:08 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2019, 09:26:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: cmd32.exe  (Read 3915 times)
Juckster-57

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2003, 12:48:53 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:XP HOME
Problem Application Name & Version:WORM_KWBOT.C
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Sony Vaio GR370
Error Messages:C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd32.exe

In an attempt to clear my desktop of the constant reminder that I had taken on a virus through Kazaa.....my search led me here.  The info is great.  Everything I read here, I attempted....and all seemed to go as suggested it would.  I performed a regedit and cleared cmd32.  I even found the file WORM_KWBOT.C and sent it packing.  I deleted everything having to do with Kazaa.  I ran PC-Cillin through my system until it cleared all of the infected files (200+) of them.  I deleted them all.  Yet still, when I log on I get the same  message that Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd32.exe'.  No trace of cmd32.exe in regedit and no trace of a virus with PC-Cillin.  Help?

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 05:43:53 PM »

Hi,

Run MSCONFIG and check the Startup tab to see if an item is trying to load CMD32.exe at startup.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Juckster-57

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2003, 03:32:22 AM »

Thank you for responding.  This site is, by far, the most helpful I have had the privelege of coming across!  I suppose I missed it initially in the replies to Stuart101's file but after a thorough re-read I saw a response to "Keisha":

To fix second key:
1. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon in the left pane.
2. In the right pane, double click "Shell"
3. The entry should be "Explorer.exe"

I did this and "POOF"....my heartache was gone.  Thanks again!
--Juck--

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2003, 03:56:25 PM »

That's great! Glad you got it working! Grin

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: