MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: IE powered "popup" windows won't load
August 23, 2019, 03:30:02 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2019, 03:30:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IE powered "popup" windows won't load  (Read 6158 times)
Juckster-57

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2003, 04:09:30 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:XP HOME
Problem Application Name & Version:IE
Problem Hardware Make & Model:SONY VAIO GR370
Error Messages:None

I purchased this Sony Vaio about 2 years ago and used it for travel/work purposes.  Of course hotels provide dial up service.  I didn't notice until here recently when I hooked it up to high speed internet via a wireless router, that my "popup" windows won't load anything.  I attributed this to the lack of speed when I was utilizing the dial up and would simply close the windows when they appeared.  Come to find out that it's not only popups I cannot view but links as well.  In Outlook, when I click on my mail messages to view them, IE attempts to open the window and the little Microsoft flag waves and waves as if it's attempting to load.  Nothing.  It will, however, pin the background to itself and when moved quickly, smears the contents "acid flashback" style within it's confines.  I have gone into temp. internet files and have deleted cookies and files and I cleared the history.  I called my cable provider and had a new IP address assigned but to no avail.  Unfortunately, my knowledge is limited.  Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thank you.
--Juck--

bbhagrid

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 02:12:55 PM »

I had this same problem and this is what micro$oft says to do hope it helps

You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click a Link
The information in this article applies to:

When I die, I want to die like my grandmother, who died peacefully
in her sleep.  Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.

Brian
Juckster-57

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 02:20:42 AM »

Brian,
I can't thank you enough for the info.  I ran all of the regsvr32 .dll's you provided and was initially put out when Msjava.dll, Actxprxy.dll, and Oleaut32.dll received the following message: "(title).dll was loaded, but dllInstall entry point was not found.  This file cannot be registered".  I then verified registry values and they were correct.  I figured it wouldn't hurt to restart, so I did.  She runs like a frickin CHAMPnow!;D;D;D.  I love learning this stuff!  Thank you so much!
--Juck--

bbhagrid

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 01:50:51 PM »

Glad to hear it's working again Grin I am happy to help when I can:)

When I die, I want to die like my grandmother, who died peacefully
in her sleep.  Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.

Brian
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: