MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: 98 and 2000 Multiboot system
August 23, 2019, 08:56:12 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2019, 08:56:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 98 and 2000 Multiboot system  (Read 1112 times)
jcri

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2003, 01:57:26 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000 Pro
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

I have multiboot system that has Win 98 and Win 2000 installed.  I received a "invalid system disk, replace the disk" message whenever I select Windows 98.  If I select Windows 2000, the 2000 system loads fine. I decided to boot from floppy and sys c:
My system now boots directly to Windows 98.  I have lost my multiboot option screen.

Please help.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 06:55:38 PM »

Hi,

You will need to fix this by booting into Windows 2000 Recovery Console and using the FIXBOOT command

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
jpete5

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 03:52:56 PM »

I've been doing mulitboots for years, but have recently grappled with the exact same issue. Let me know if you have not solved it...
I'm battling the win 98 part - the handoff from boot sector to io.sys is not happening correctly. The critical files (io.sys, msdos.sys, bootsect.dos) are all in place, and are exact matches from my other xp/98 multiboot system. However, still get the "Invalid system disk" error. I can boot successfully from a floppy to win 98, but not from the hd/boot.ini menu. I've even used a french boot sector file, but get exactly the same results (in french!).
Any thoughts? (I've research pretty heavily)

- John P.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: