MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: odd problem loading programs
August 24, 2019, 12:24:31 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 24, 2019, 12:24:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: odd problem loading programs  (Read 806 times)
noodlz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2003, 07:02:05 AM »

This is kind of hard to explain, but I'll do the best I can. When I try to load any program, doesn't matter whether its Internet Explorer, a game, or Notepad, anything...the computer acts as if its going to load it, meaning the ole' hourglass comes up, but it doesn't load. I then have to proceed to either a) continually click on the program I want 20-30 times or b) continually press ctrl+alt+del and/or a small program like notepad until the computer finally responds and opens everything that I tried to open before up at once, or c) if I forgot that I opened a program, and don't do a) or b), 30 or so minutes later the program will open...so essentially I'd have to wait a half hour for my program to load if I were to just sit there. For example, say I want to open up Trillian, Internet Explorer, and Winamp. I click on each of these three, hourglass comes up as if they're loading, but nothing happens. I then press ctrl+alt+del about 30 times and then all three of them load up at once really fast, along w/ the task manager 30 times. Funny thing is, it SEEMS like it doesn't ever do it until my computers been sitting untouched for a while, like 30+ minutes. If I restart, it works fine. I've tried anti-virus programs, spyware, and adware to no avail. Its been a few months now that its been doing this but I've been lazy and didn't feel like posting all this out. But I can't really pinpoint what exactly could be causing this, especially since I have a fairly fast computer, 1.2ghz P3 with 640mb of RAM. Running WindowsXP. Hopefully one of you have run into a similar problem, I'm at my wits end now and I'm about to reformat but that'd just be a pain in my ass, and I have this feeling that it may be a hardware issue and it'd be a waste of my time.

Oh, and when I open an Internet Explorer by clicking "Open In New Window" from another Internet Explorer, it works fine...and I get no error messages.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 05:32:10 PM »

Hi,

I would try to run in Diagnostics Startup Mode and try to recreate what you described here. If the problem doesn't comes back after 30min+ or so, I would suspect a loaded app is causing this.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: