MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: no desktop icons, not task bar, no right click,but
September 16, 2019, 11:05:49 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 11:05:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: no desktop icons, not task bar, no right click,but  (Read 1447 times)
booneyhead

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2003, 01:24:02 PM »

Hi, you guys are my last hope!
I have Windows XP and after removing on of those internet programs that seem to automatically invade your computer, I have nothing on my desktop anymore. No icons, no task bar and I can't right click either. I found out through the task manager, that all my files are still there though. The bad thing is, that my system restore was turned off before that happened Undecided(I did not know that since I never had to use it). So, that is out of the question. I am guessing a file was destroyed or damaged when I deleted that one program.

Does anyone here know what file could be damaged? I thought it might be the explorer.exe but I don't want to just replace it (not to mention that I would not know how without my explorer) and lose all my files.

I bought a new computer but I want to still get the files from the old computer to the new one. I did a workplace sharing thing, but I can only access the shared document folder. Is there a way to access from one computer all the files from the other one?

I am thankful for any help you can give me..

Embarrassed

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 05:39:46 PM »

Hi,

From what I understand, you can access your shared folder from this 'damaged' Windows system, right?

Go to the good system and instead of accessing the share, try to access the hidden share on the C: drive.

Instead of going to '\\computername\sharename' try '\\computername\c$'

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
booneyhead

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 05:49:52 PM »

Admin, thank you for your response.I did not know that you can access it that way. I wish I would be brainy like that...EmbarrassedSad
It had nothing to do with any of these things. I found out that it is a spy program I deleted and as soon as you deleted it, the desktop icons and the task bar will disappear. There will be an entry under program files\ddm. You need to delete it and hunt it down and end it in the registry (you have to start in the save modus for that) you need to find the Sysu.exe under this ddm directory and delete it!!!!

Here is the link in case someone else has this problem.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/r1065086738

Thank you all though for your site. Now I know where to go if the next problem will pop up (and we all know it will)

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 06:10:40 PM »

That's great! Glad you got it working! Grin

Thanks for the link, I am sure someone someday will need it!

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: