MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Security & Viruses arrow Topic: FireDaemon Problems
September 16, 2019, 04:26:40 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 04:26:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FireDaemon Problems  (Read 6079 times)
bgbop15

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2003, 01:25:36 PM »

Hello, thanks in advance for any help... When I startup, I get about 8 error report send requests for FireDaemon.exe.. any ideas??  BPS SPyware remover and Norton Pro 2004 dont pick it up...
Doesnt look like HouseCall is gonna either...

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Win XP
Problem Application Name & Version: Firedaemon
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

InsAnItI

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 04:54:24 AM »

Dude your ass just got hacked by some irc xdcc hacker lamers. Your problem is your computer apparently has all your shares open maybe caused by your isp leaving it open. in any case stop this... go to start menu>Run>cmd> then type net stop server. Ok! after thats off what your gonna wanna do is stop firedaemon right!? of course. go to start menu>run> then type services.msc when that pops up look for about 8 processes called firedaemon and stop them, go to properties and disable them and put them on i dunno manual or somethin. if there not called firedaemon then there smarter then the average stupid **** irc xdcc hacker. so what ya need to do is properties anything suspicious and look for its path if it leads to a firedaemon.exe then stop that service... btw. when you find any firedaemon service in service.msc properties find its path and go there.. make sure you delete all the files with that firedaemon.exe

note. if you got 8 firedaemons that means you got hacked 4 times cause they use 2 firedaemons per box.. one for your ftp and another for your iroffer(irc client)

[Only GoD Can Judge Me ]
InsAnItI

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 05:07:19 AM »

Oh btw, hit me up via email or forum and let me know how it goes.. :]

[Only GoD Can Judge Me ]
Zarturix

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2004, 08:26:30 AM »

hey InsAnItI, thanks so much for the help on getting rid of firedaemons.exe. i always had 2 error reports on this (i found 2 firedaemons in my service.msc) but they both lead to the same source, so i am assuming that its all gone now. as i was deleting the file i found a few things in my temp folder:
865 (setup information and security catalong),
CYGWIN1.DLL,
ich5core,
ich5ide,
ich5usb,
ost.dll,
and these... i didnt really know what they are.
ServUDaemon (configuration settings),
ServUStartuplog (text document),
system (an application with a green "U" icon with a red "D" on the bottom right.

i was hoping that the ServUDaemon would be some kind of link to getting my revenge on these hackers, muhahhahahahha!!

thanks again.

bE AfraID haCKeRs, Be VeRY aFraId.
sixis

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 09:25:56 PM »

I have the same problem and when you said go to the path and delete the files..i cant find the path it leads to "c:\winnt\microsoftdrivers\etc\FireDaemon.exe -s" but i went the WINNT and the folder was empty..please help.thanks
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 09:26:36 PM by sixis » Logged

Peterneger

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 08:37:51 AM »

Hi, I have the same problem. It first started when I installed a downloaded version of WinRar, wich I scanned with 2 different virusscanners (AVG and Norton). Thanx for the tips.

If the folder WinNT is empty, did you try the 'show files' link on the left? I don't believe this folder can possibly be empty!

Dizzy

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 11:20:56 PM »

This is yet another good reason to keep your system patched, get an AT program and keep it up to date, use a firewall.....IOW use and maintain a layered defense.

Read More Here about how this trojan is obtained, used and how to get rid of it.  M$ Patch - which I would obtain through Windows Update.

If you have Windows ME or XP, disable System Restore before you clean your system and re-enable it once you are done.

I am a "One Off Gem."

Just ask My Julian. [Cheesy]
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: