MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Computer Related Discussions arrow General Discussions arrow Topic: screen resolution stuck 640x480
November 11, 2019, 11:47:59 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 11, 2019, 11:47:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: screen resolution stuck 640x480  (Read 1896 times)
bluebird

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2003, 06:34:48 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Win Me
Problem Application Name & Version: screen resolution setting
Problem Hardware Make & Model: Emachines 733i
Error Messages: no error messages

The resolution has changed from 800x600 to 640x480 & will not allow me
to change it back. I have to use safe mode to have mouse function. All the desktop icons are big & some are off the screen, the background is all gray, & wallpaper & pics are all mottled out. I tried to change the res back in control panel/display/settings, but it
will not let me drag tha slide bar. I've tried 3 different "go back" dates, with no luck. Have tried to solve by using help but nothing there seems to help. I updated video drivers, I've defragged, ran scandisc which found & fixed errors, did the disk clean up to remove temporary files...I am about ready to do a full system reboot. But first I'm saving files to floppys & moving them to another pc. It is time consuming to do this but I don't have access to my cd-rw drive or my usb thumb drive in safe mode. Without safe mode, I don't have mouse function....
Someone please help me before I get some dynomite!!!!!

« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 02:57:05 AM by bluebird » Logged

bb
Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 04:26:46 AM »

Right click in the middle of the desktop and go to properties in the menu.Then to the settings tab and move the slider to 800x600.Click Apply...done

An Australian Member of

EDDY
bluebird

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 04:49:40 AM »

Hi & thanks for the reply but my slide bar was grayed out so I did not have access to it. However another forum member (luvskenny)supplied me with an easy fix! I just changed the "theme" setting and waalah! back to 800x600!
Thanks again for reading!

bb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: