MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: PC wont boot up and said Check Signal Cable
November 19, 2019, 01:18:58 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2019, 01:18:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PC wont boot up and said Check Signal Cable  (Read 1672 times)
storm27

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2003, 12:04:55 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows XP
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages: Check Signal Cable

The Processor fan & all power stops about 1 to 2 sec when I start the PC, I have to keep booting up my system till it finally turned on.
I dont know what's wrong with it... anyone got a clue?

Alex

Gray

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 02:49:22 AM »

Im not positive but the power supply might be going bad.    In my experience "check signal cable" usually ment that the monitor wasent connected correctly.  but if you are losing power then the problem could be the powersupply

storm27

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 12:40:40 PM »

Thanks Gray I went to Micro Center for some technical advice and they said that it sounds like my motherboard is defective... I'm planning on buying a new Asus motherboard I heard good things about this board what do you think? I'm only buying a Motherboard for now and used my old P4 processor and 512MB PC2100 RAM and I'll save up for a new processor and RAM later... Just need to make my PC up and running.

Alex

Gray

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 11:49:13 PM »

Ausu motherboards are pretty good boards,  The only think I would say is to check compadabality,   Ram dosent have to be compadable but if the ram is to fast the motherboard will clock it down.   That happened to me I got a new board that I thought meet all the needed specifications but my ram was to fast for it so it was clocked down.   it's not really a big deal unless you are playing games or running multiple processes at once

Gray

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2004, 11:50:15 PM »

Almost forgot.   HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: