MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: UNABLE TO DELETE PROGRAMS DOWNLOADED!!
October 16, 2019, 08:47:01 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2019, 08:47:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UNABLE TO DELETE PROGRAMS DOWNLOADED!!  (Read 1652 times)
kev777

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2003, 05:49:28 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows xp professional
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:none

I HAVE COUPLE OF PROBLEMS

1)I AM UNABLE TO DELETE COUPLE OF SOFTWARES THAT I DOWNLOADED ON KAZAA.WHEN I DOUBLED CLICKED IT I COULD JUST HEAR  HARD DRIVE PROCESSING SOMETHING FOR A WHILE BUT NOTHING CAME UP. AFTER THAT WHEN I TRIED TO DELETE, IT JUST WOULDNT!! PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO!

2)MY COMPUTER IS P IV BUT ITS VERY VERY SLOW WHEN I START UP. FOR A LONG TIME HARD DRIVE KEEPS PROCESSING SOMETHING(I CANT RUN ANY PROGRAMS FOR A FEW MINUTES).AFTER THAT IT RUNS QUITE SMOOTHLY. PLEASE SUGGEST A REMEDY FOR THESE PROBLEMS. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Sphere11

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 05:18:13 PM »

1st, Have you tried manually deleting the programs from Explorer?

And for the 2nd problem, do you have alot of programs active in your Tray?  [Icons on the bottom right of your screen.]  If you have alot of programs loading up from there, it would cause your computer to act very slow at startup until all programs were fully loaded.

Thats usually the most common source of a loss of memory at startup - also could be spyware programs kicking in, but you didnt mention any type of pop-up problem.

-Sphere

***Image Missing!***
kev777

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 07:41:05 PM »

Thank you very much for the response. yes i tried to delete it manually but it says "Access is denied make sure the disc is not write protected or the file is not in use". what should i do with it?? for the other problem you are right i have a lot of program in the system tray. i dont want them there. how should i get rid of them from there. thank you so much for your help

Sphere11

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 07:55:18 PM »

What kind of software did you download?  If its a program that starts automatically when the computer starts up, then you might not be able to delete it because it is running.  Try pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and look in Applications and/or Processes for the program.  You could also try opening the folder in which the software is in, and delete the individual files instead of the whole folder.

To be rid of the extra Tray Icons, first identify what software goes with each icon - then establish which you want to get rid of.  When you know the name of the programs that are associated with the tray icons go into Control Panel > Add Remove Programs, and then just start deleting the programs that are associated with the Tray Icons.

***Image Missing!***
sparky

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 05:14:14 AM »

if all else fails you can always use a boot disk and del the files from the dos level

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2004, 02:24:31 PM »

Hi,

Sparky's suggestion will only work if the drive is using a FAT32 file system, if it was setup as NTFS the best thing to do is delete the files in Safe-Mode (hit <F8> right before Windows loads to access boot menu)

Deleting files may however cause error messages to pop-up during bootup if there are registry entries trying to load these files.

I would check the Startup tab of MSCONFIG to see what is loading and disable what you don't want to load at startup

Start > Run > msconfig

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: