MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: Preinstalled software
September 16, 2019, 11:08:50 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 11:08:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Preinstalled software  (Read 1155 times)
Lolgamlen

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2003, 05:19:14 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Win XP
Problem Application Name & Version:Preinstalled software
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Medion Power3200
Error Messages:

Have recently upograded to a new pc, but am having trouble loading and using software that worked well with Win98SE I want to get rid of the preinstalled 90 day free antivirus eTrust, and use my copy of Norton instead. My kids can't get their SIMS games loaded despiet compatability testing first, and running msconfig first. My hunch is that there is a conflict with some of the preinstalled software. Any idea what can safely go, and how to delete it? Thanks. LolGamlen

Sphere11

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 07:53:39 PM »

You should be able to get rid of the eTrust buy going to Start > Control Panel > Add Remove Programs - The eTrust should be on that list some where and then just uninstall.

Were the SIM games already installed on the computer, or did you install them?  I have several SIM games on my XP and they work fine.  Try reinstalling the SIM games on a Administrative account and make sure that the games get installed for all users, not just one specific account.

***Image Missing!***
Lolgamlen

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 10:22:45 PM »

Thanks, but not as simple as that! eTrust doesn't come up on the programme list, if I try to uninstall via the control panel, the uninstall facility starts to, but then can't find the path, and stops!

Sphere11

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 12:14:27 AM »

Have you tried to manually uninstall via explorer?  [Right Click Start > Explore]

***Image Missing!***
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: