MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: HDD not detected
October 14, 2019, 07:36:16 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 14, 2019, 07:36:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HDD not detected  (Read 1203 times)
rtscrusader

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2003, 03:26:15 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: XP Pro
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model: maxtor 6Y080L0
Error Messages:

Hi there,

I've just installed a new hard drive and am having problems from the start. I've had a lot of help from my friends and am sure all the hardware settings are correct i.e the jumpers and wires ect.

It is recognised in the bios and even in the device manager where its information can be viewed but for some reason which i cannot figure out, it is not present in 'My Computer' directory or anywhere else where I can access it for usage. I've browesed the internet but to no success. Any help will be much appreciated Smiley

adnan

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 05:37:47 AM »

try to check your hard cable is connected properly if it is then check in starting setup that it is detecting your hard drive if it doesnot then there is a problem with you HDD cable. try to change your cable or put a new one. then try i hope it will help.

rtscrusader

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 11:32:56 AM »

The cable is fine because i had previously had a zip drive using that one. Also what I forgot to mention in my first post was that the new hard drive was being recognised as a cd drive before I sorted the jumpers out and uninstalled Daemon tools. It is being registered in the bios and device manager where it says 'this device is working properly' but just won't appear anywhere that i can use it.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 11:44:03 AM by rtscrusader » Logged

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 05:39:24 AM »

Firstly did you format the drive before installing.Also if you go into the Device Manager  find the drive and disable it and then reboot.It should be detected and reinstalled by windows.

An Australian Member of

EDDY
rtscrusader

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2004, 03:41:40 PM »

I managed to get it working from the disk management options. It turned out that all i needed to do was initialise it and the format it.
Thanks for all of your help Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: