MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: XP install format failing on multiple harddrives!!
November 14, 2019, 02:26:52 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 14, 2019, 02:26:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: XP install format failing on multiple harddrives!!  (Read 806 times)
Bowtiebuster

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2004, 02:52:04 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Hey. I just recently upgraded my computer with a few bits. First I started out with a ECS P4VMM2 478pin P4 motherboard and a 1.7Gig P4 Celeron CPU. Put them together, re-installed XP and everthing was peachy. Then I tried running some games like Unreal 2 and Halo, but they were choppy and I decided to get a pair of 256mbs DDR ram chips. Installed them, but no improvment over the 256 PC100 I was running before. So I decided to do a complete re-install again, but this time during the install, missing file problems kept popping up, after clicking retry, it copied the file and went on. After the installation, windows was constantly crashing with the blue screen saying "windows has stopped your computer to protect it from being damaged --- blah blah blah". So I retained a new XP cd, and tried to re-install XP yet again, but this time when I tried to format using the NTFS format, it would format to 100%, but say that there was an error in the format, and that my disk may be damaged. So I tried again, same thing. Tried swapping ram with my old pc100, and trying again, NO LUCK!.. I tried another Hard drive, same thing! I just got ahold of a friends Hard drive to see if it could have been a fluke, but still the same error "cannot format, disk may be damaged"..

So now, after 9 hours of watching the format percent rise to 100, getting anxious and getting angry, ive seeked out some help!

So heres the info on my system :

-ECS P4VMM2 motherboard
-Intel Celeron 1.7gig 478pin
-Fujitsu 8 gig harddrive
- 2x 256DDR/266 ram (yes the board does support these chips)
-nVidia Geforce4 MX420 3D video card

Any ideas, or help would be greatly appreciated! Im tearing my hair out over this!:(

Thanks,

Nicholas

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 05:46:05 AM »

Did you Fdisk to clean off the whole drive and reformat.

An Australian Member of

EDDY
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: