MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: internet problems
July 18, 2019, 01:33:57 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2019, 01:33:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: internet problems  (Read 1053 times)
mosquito

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2004, 06:57:47 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Win98 IE5 AMD-k6III 450mH 128mb
I think this problem all started when my kids and their cousins had a sleep over and loaded a lot of kid games.
The next day I turned on my computer and a dialog box openned up and asked me if I wanted to return to my original registry setting. I did not know what to do so I hit yes and entered. The windows continued to boot up and when I went to get on the internet (dial up) I had a lot of problems with a veriety of things. My ISP is Juno and when I dialed in my Juno dial up page gave me a stack of run time errors (31 all together) My browser would not open (IE5) so I found a copy of it and reloaded it. Once it was working things like javascript and PDF files would not work. I could not get on to any web based email accounts (i.e. hotmail and yahoo) and some websites will not open. On my Juno email I can not open any hyper links that come in my emails.  There are other things but those are the big ones. I was surprised that I was able to register for this forum. I will be surprised if it posts.
My question is this, is there some test I can run to see what got messed up? Can I and/or should I reinstall win98? I wanted to reinstall my Juno program but I can not find the install cd.

Please help.

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 07:12:08 AM »

You can  download a copy of Juno from the web site http://www.juno.com/ and as for the other problem you may have to do a reinstall.It looks like the kids programs ran in DOS and it has corrupted other files.

An Australian Member of

EDDY
mosquito

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 04:39:09 PM »

OK, I reinstalled windows 98, Then uninstalled and then reinstalled Juno from the download I got from the Juno web site but just about every problem still exist.
When I hit connect after opening Juno I get a bunch of runtime errors (31 all in a row)
Then I get a message that says I need IE4 or greater (message 533-6012)
Then if I go to mail Juno inbox I can not get any of the blue hyper links to open when I click on then. I get the same message about needing IE4 or greater (message 533-6012)
I can not open hotmail.com
These are just a few of the problems. I think that they are all related. What should I work on first?

Pancake
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 01:27:55 AM »

First thing is to upgrade to IE6 and go from there

An Australian Member of

EDDY
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: