MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: CPU P3 not working
July 18, 2019, 12:50:55 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2019, 12:50:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CPU P3 not working  (Read 787 times)
smudger

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2004, 11:40:43 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:windows xp home
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:pentium 3 733 mhz
Error Messages:

I have been told that my CPU is not working properly. I need a new one. A cable was stopping the CPU fan from turning so it seems to have damaged the cpu some how. The result is my pc keeps rebooting after a very short space of time i.e. minutes, if i am lucky. The cpu i have is a Pentium 3 - 733mhz. I am told it is very hard, if not impossible to buy now, and that if i did find one i would need an adapter of some kind so that it would fit on to my motherboard, as they are made smaller now? The cpu i have is quite big, hence the need for an adapter? Ideally i would like to buy a faster cpu but i am totally confused as to what i need to buy or ask for? Do i have to buy a Pentium cpu? Do i have to buy some sort of adapter? If so what do i ask for? Where can i buy one from? Please advise me.

Thank you.

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 05:43:47 PM »

Hi,

If you give us the make and model of your motherboard, I can look it up to see what it supports. The make and model can be found either on the motherboard manual or on the motherboard itself.

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: